Welcome to the Complete France Discussion Forum!
To access the forum, please read our code of conduct below first:
Here you will find a variety of topics concerning France and French lifestyle being discussed, with new messages being posted all the time. Apart from general topics in the main 'Postbag' section of the forum, there are slots for discussing property purchase and renovation, finance, leisure and pastimes, education in France, passports for pets, French culture, food and wine, legal aspects, satellite television, internet and telephones, gîtes, learning the language, travelling to France and health. Phew!
The forum is an open discussion board for Francophiles. Please be aware that it is a message board which from time to time is visited by hoaxers and those not necessarily interested in discussing France and French lifestyle. If you encounter users who you feel are abusing the message boards, please do not respond to them. These users are only encouraged when their messages provoke a response, so the best thing you can do is ignore them. Click on the 'Report' link on their message and Forum Admin or a moderator will deal with the complaint. I hope you enjoy using the forum, you will find a great deal of useful information on the message boards, and you might even make a few new friends!
- Forum Administration
Code of Conduct
By submitting your contribution for publication you agree to grant Archant a perpetual and royalty-free licence to use, in any form or way whatsoever, that contribution worldwide in any form of media. Anyone who does not feel prepared to submit material on this basis should not submit material. By submitting your email address to register, you agree that Archant, its third party service providers, and the Community Moderators may use your email address to contact you about your profile or any content you post on the Community, and for other administrative purposes related to the Community.
In order to be a responsible member of the online community you must adhere to the following terms and conditions. Anyone who doesn’t feel they can abide by these guidelines should not sign up to them. If users are found to be breaching these guidelines once they have joined, they will be issued with one warning or banned immediately depending on the severity of their breach. Previously banned members who post again under a different alias will be deleted without further warnings. Comments or questions regarding the general administration of the forum should be made by "private message" or using the "Report" link to the moderators or direct to Forum Admin. Such comments or questions should not be posted in the open forum.
Users must not post messages which:
- Please do not advertise or post your personal details, products or services on the message boards. Any advertising without permission will be removed.
- Please choose your words carefully when posting a message. It is difficult to obtain the tone of written messages unlike when speaking to someone.
- Please keep to the topic of the original thread and do not start more than one thread about the same topic in different sections. This will help users to locate the information that they are looking for and will save space on the servers.
- There is to be no 'naming and shaming' on the site. If you have any complaints about particular individuals/companies then contact the relevant parties or authorities.
- Are insulting, abusive, racist, sexist, or derogatory in any way to others, whether they are individuals or companies, users of the Forum or not. This includes material sent via personal e-mails through this forum.
- Threaten, intimidate, victimise or harass others.
- Make libellous comments about individuals or companies, including Living France magazine and FRANCE magazine.
- Contain explicit language or vulgarities (whether written in French, English or any other language)
- Impersonate or represent any person or entity in an attempt to deceive, harass or otherwise mislead another member.
- Incite illegal activity
- Infringe intellectual property rights
- Transmit any material that you don't have the right to transmit under law (such as copyright or trade secrets)
- Link to and/or references content not allowed under these guidelines.
- Use the service in a manner deemed inappropriate by Archant
- Impede or disrupt the flow of the discussions in the Forum
By entering and posting on the forum you agree to abide by the code of conduct stated above and the terms and conditions here.
If you find anyone in breach of these rules please use the 'Report' button on the bottom right of the offending post to inform a Moderator or Forum Admin. Do not PM or email Moderators directly.
Third Party Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and would like to know your options in relation to not having this information used by these companies, click here.