Latest Good Value Deals to/from France

Topic has 20 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

ryanair

Check Ryanair as we did yesterday and Poitiers to Birmingham was ...2 euros RETURN per person and no taxes. Have not checked it today and it was no good for us as we need to go to Bristol for the West Country.
   Report   Reply Quote
Cry Out [:'(]

Re: ryanair

The deals are still there, my daughter booked herself and pal from Luton to Milan for £4, plus £16 for her debit card

DNALLEY has posted Beziers Bristol for £2 under the TGV post

Report   Reply Quote

Only Ryanair could come up with a 400% debit card charge! I believe the debit card charge was about £4 a year ago so another example of silly stealth charges by Ryanair as a way of getting around the rules to publish fares plus taxes.
   Report   Reply Quote

Are people still whinging on, (darnsarf) its soooo boooring.

So a couple of flights to Milan cost £20.00 be bloody happy.

A  short train journey in the U.K. cost more, Move on.

If you want to save a couple of quid get a Visa electron card.Idea [I]

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

Yesterday I got a quote of just over £380 for a Ryanair return flight in about three weeks time. Air France was £260 for the equivalent (from a real airport rather than Stansted, leaving at more social hours, luggage, card payment and check-in inclusive), Lufthansa/BMI was £270.
Will

intentionally blank signature

Report   Reply Quote

Thanks for making a REAL point Will. I thought Ryanair guaranteed the lowest fair maybe you could hold them to that, or inform the local trading standards office.
Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

teapot wrote:

Are people still whinging on, its soooo boooring.

Sorry it's so boring for you. I suggest you read some other posts if that's the way you feel. The homepage of the Ryanair site boasts about £10 fares one way, on 250 flights. If these flights are found (which really is "boooring"), it's not £10 at all (for the vast majority of passengers, being non-Visa Electron cardholders). Even for its own Ryanair cardholders the same sting is charged. I'm not aware either that £16 is actually  "a couple of quid".

It should make this clear on the page - otherwise it's just a plain lie - which is against the Advertising Code.

And don't get me on the airport check-in charge or the baggage. Maybe the banner ad should be amended to say  "Yes, it's £10 quid, but  nearer four times this if you want to pack more than a couple of Speedos and a T-shirt or slow up boarding with your handluggage"

Report   Reply Quote

darnsarf wrote:
 teapot wrote:

Are people still whinging on, its soooo boooring.

Sorry it's so boring for you. I suggest you read some other posts if that's the way you feel. The homepage of the Ryanair site boasts about £10 fares one way, on 250 flights. If these flights are found (which really is "boooring"), it's not £10 at all (for the vast majority of passengers, being non-Visa Electron cardholders). Even for its own Ryanair cardholders the same sting is charged. I'm not aware either that £16 is actually  "a couple of quid". Then stop whinging and go to the post office and get a Visa Electron card, issued immediately with no credit check and usable the day after.

It should make this clear on the page - otherwise it's just a plain lie - which is against the Advertising Code. If they flew us around Europe for £10.00 they would go out of business, is that what you want?

And don't get me on the airport check-in charge or the baggage. Maybe the banner ad should be amended to say  "Yes, it's £10 quid, but  nearer four times this if you want to pack more than a couple of Speedos and a T-shirt or slow up boarding with your handluggage"

Whinging again! You have a computer, do it on line! I do not want to pay extra for your luggage when I am travelling with hand luggage. Slow up boarding, the Ryanair flights arrive on time more frequently than other airlines, so it doesn't.

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine