Latest Good Value Deals to/from France

Topic has 13 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

LD Lines Bulk Ticket Scheme?

I have seen the frequent traveler scheme on LD lines website and just sent an email enquiring about that), but there is also refernce to a bulk ticket sceme, but no details at all.  (Not totally true, there is reference to it in a blog but no prices/T&Cs etc)

Does anyone know anything more as I need to book at least two return trips very soon!  I don't want to risk prices going up!

Report   Reply Quote

Re: LD Lines Bulk Ticket Scheme?

The details aren't on their website. You have to request the details and they will email them to you.

The broad outline is that you pay £600 for a block of 10 single tickets which must be used by Mid December 2009.

Report   Reply Quote

The general rule of thumb with LD is that the earlier you book the cheaper the fare. If you know your dates of travel i would book now.

Sheldon
   Report   Reply Quote

The Bulk tickets are great if you use them during the summer months,During the rest of the year you can usually buy a return crossing for the same price if not cheaper.I bought the £1000 bulk tickets 20 crossings iether way great for getting family and relatives over.but i finished up not using 4 of the crossings.If they lasted 2 years they would be brilliant.
   Report   Reply Quote

They are now sold in blocks of 10. Anything less would presumably not be worthwhile for the company.

Report   Reply Quote

They were always blocks of 10 but if you bought 20 you got free upgrades to first class seats.And they were £500 for 10 £1000 for 20 must have gone up.
   Report   Reply Quote

Thanks for that, I wil hold off to early in the week at leastAre there any restrictions/supplements applicable for peak crossings (like SF and the tunnel)? A lot of our crossings are peak as we're tied to schol holidays.  we have already done 1 retrn trip for £70 this year, but the next one is £240 return. Is it a strict end of Dec use year, we would need the 10th one on 3rd Jan!!?

I emailed last night, will have to wait patiently for a reply on Monday I suppose!

Report   Reply Quote

To quote from LD Lines T&Cs

The 10 tickets are to be used before 15th December, 2009.

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine