Pregnancy and Birth

Topic has 11 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Colic

Hi

My friends baby has bad colic, can you suggest anything she can buy over the counter to help please?

thanks

Report   Reply Quote

Re: Colic

Your friend should go to a pharmacy for advice.
Whatever is recommended will be according to the baby's age and weight.

Clair
En Deuil - 8 Nov. 16

Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
Dalai Lama

Report   Reply Quote
Whistles [Www]

Thanks was just a general querie
   Report   Reply Quote

Gripe water from the uk :O)
or calmosine (sp???)  say  its for colique its herbal but quite expensive, usually u get a free trial with the baby box in the hospital

Report   Reply Quote

Hi, my son had very Bad colic and truned out to be lactose inthollerant, but a fantastic, product called 'Coleif' drops, added into the bottle of milk, helps no end. It breaks down the lactose in the milk, which is what is thought to cause Colic. Don't know if you can get it here.  Perhaps try mail order or ask a friend to send it over from the UK.  Can be bought in boots and even Tesco pharmacy.  Infacol is another one, you should be able to get this here in France or 'Gripe Water'.
   Report   Reply Quote

Hi, my son had colic... it was called 3 month colic then and he had it from a couple of weeks old until he was about 5 months (I think).  He did have gripe water but not when he was very tiny... cant remember what age you can use it from.  It was 10 years ago so things may have changed.  I also found giving him his feed earlier helped as he was a bit of a gulper... so if dinner came early he didn't gulp so much and it helped. 

he also liked having his back rubbed... he would lay on my lap in his tummy and i would rub his back... as he got older as a toddler he would still wander over, pull his top up and lay over my lap waiting for his backrub... at 10, when he's tired he still likes to sit beside me on the sofa and get me to tickle his back... although I find it a bit tedious now!

the colic was a really dreaful time as he was clearly very very distressed and I can still remember how helpless I felt... hope your friend finds and answer

Report   Reply Quote

You've reminded me, Rose, that my son also had 3 month colic. It stopped when someone advised me to stop drinking coffee. We don't know what the baby in question is fed on though.
Hoddy
   Report   Reply Quote

we  had an cranial ostepath and it really helped ,he cried for the first 3 months before we had the treatment , i dont know if they have this in france , we tried everthing to stop him crying , he is 5 mois now and alot better
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine