Earning a Living

Topic has 16 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Registering as handy man with Autoentrepreneur

I have started looking after a gite, changeover, pool and garden care, and originally registered with Autoentrepreneur as a gardener (this was my primary role at the gite to start with). However, I was told by AE that gardeners could not use AE and they told me to register as a handyman. I have now received a letter from the Chambre de Metiers et de l'Artisanat demanding to see my handy man qualifications, carte nationale d'identite and deeds to my house. As I  know there are other people doing the same job, has anyone else had problems registering this type of business? All I want to do is earn my money and pay the correct taxes!

Report   Reply Quote

Re: Registering as handy man with Autoentrepreneur

What did you actually register as? What were the exact French words and did you include a code? This is the first time I've heard about a chambre de metiers getting involved with a handyman registration.
Albert the InfoGipsy

"So welcome to the Citadel where the question is 'Am I?'"
   Report   Reply Quote

je79 wrote:

I have now received a letter from the Chambre de Metiers et de l'Artisanat demanding to see my handy man qualifications,

Tell em you only live round the corner Big Smile [:D]

Red tape......cut lengthways in France.

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

For the initial registration I was given the code 8130Z (services d'amenagement paysager), but I was later told by UESSAF to change the job type to a handy man and after changing my registration I was given the code 9529Z (reparation d'autres biens personnels et domestiques. I have had the help of a french friend to do the phone calls, etc, but she can only act on what we have been told by the various departments involved.

Report   Reply Quote

I'll  check but I believe my friend who lives in France has a gardener who is an AE - of course she is en vacance at the moment.

Quimper.co

Report   Reply Quote

The usual French description of a handyman is 'homme toutes mains'. I would guess that the bit about repairing things is what triggered off the chambre de metiers.
Albert the InfoGipsy

"So welcome to the Citadel where the question is 'Am I?'"
   Report   Reply Quote

MSA who are the organisation gardeners have to belong to, have not signed up to AE. Why should they when they can charge a minimum of about 4k per year in cotisations, or roughly 50% of your profit/turnover depending on the regime). So as an AE if you only earn 10k, with the AE system you be giving away around 25% - with MSA its 50% or 5k.
Steve

http://www.dspsfrance.com
looking after your French home
   Report   Reply Quote

Homme toutes mains is what I have registered as. I will have to talk to my french friend who has been helping me to sort it out, but she, like most of France, is on holiday at the moment! Thanks for your thoughts.
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine