Earning a Living

Topic has 34 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Average wage in your part of France

I found this site interesting (just put your post code into the box on the top left)
http://www.salairemoyen.com/

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Average wage in your part of France

Clair posted something similar a while ago and they are an eye-opener, that's for sure..  My village isn't on your site, sadly, but even so... 

I often read on fora the fact that one of the plusses about rural France is that nobody cares how old your car or your clothes etc are.  No wonder, really, given what so many people seem to live on.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy b*ggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
   Report   Reply Quote

Absolutely fascinating, Norman, thank you...
   Report   Reply Quote

I was very surprised at how high the average net income per family was for our village (and surrounding villages.) But averages are easily skewed by a few high income families, I guess.
   Report   Reply Quote

It woud not work for me, locked out everytime I tried to enter a postcode or town, par for the course for a French website, I should know better by now than to waste my time.
   Report   Reply Quote

Ditto
   Report   Reply Quote

worked for me!
20,000th or thereabouts in the league table
   Report   Reply Quote

Won't work for me either.

Su

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine