South West (Aquitaine, Midi-Pyrénées)

Topic has 59 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:
Woot! [:-))]

Snow! Snow! Snow!

It started with a light flurry yesterday afternoon and carried on all night...

By the early hours of the morning, the ground was coated and there is a thin layer everywhere I look.

Clair
En Deuil - 8 Nov. 16

Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
Dalai Lama

Report   Reply Quote

Re: Snow! Snow! Snow!

With due respect, cherub, you can keep it.

Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

OK, sweetie, I'll do that.
I know your feeble constitution wouldn't take it... Kiss [kiss]

Clair
En Deuil - 8 Nov. 16

Dalai Lama

Report   Reply Quote

Hate the stuff. But then, my youth was spent in southern Africa where there isnt too much of it.
   Report   Reply Quote

I don't mind it. But then, my youth was spent in the Alps where there is a lot of it.

When we'd walk to and from school (4 x a day), the snow on the pavements would come up to our knees, and it would stay 4 months of the year.
You'd have to pay me a lot of money to get me to ski, though! And I mean a lot! Woot! [:-))]
I remember driving with a friend to a summer job in 1978 and finding snow patches in the ditches in July!

Clair
En Deuil - 8 Nov. 16

Dalai Lama

Report   Reply Quote

Hideous. But I thought you spent your youth in UK?
   Report   Reply Quote

Not quite.
I lived at home until I was 18, then went to Uni in the Savoie for a bit, then moved to the UK.

Clair
En Deuil - 8 Nov. 16

Dalai Lama

Report   Reply Quote

So you lot have had snow?  We've just had more than a bit of wind - as in Mistral !!

It started late afternoon yesterday, but nothing special for around here. Bad during the night, really bad first thing.

Juice went off at 07.30.  I went off to get bread etc an hour later. Massive tree down within 200m of where we live, power lines wiped out.  15km detour to get the essentials: juice off there too. Went down during the day to see how things were going with the clearup, Gendarmerie down there in force. Asked whether they thought that we'd be back on again today, to which the reply was the immortal "Normallement .............. oui".

If I say that my confidence in his reply was somewhat less than 10%, you'll get my drift.

Cooked something rough & ready on the Camping Gaz stove and fully expected no juice until midday tomorrow at least, when ............... hey presto, back on again at 20.30.

In all this, I have no criticism of ErDF: there are lines down all over the shop down here. They must have been working under arc lights to get us back up earlier this evening. Well done to them.     

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine