French Language

Topic has 35 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Roquefort salad....

Hi All

Salade de Roquefort avec vinaigre balsamique et à l’huile de noix

Can you please help with this headache I have... I am getting some new menus printed and hoped to iron out a few grammatical errors.
The problem seems to be with the 'de' and the 'avec'... which seems to be interchangable with de, avec, au, aux. 
Would you let me know which is the more correct... I would just leave it out but it means I keep getting asked about the vinaigrette...

It comes from this link but I am fairly sure the rest is fairly correct.
http://www.le-murier.com/fr/restaurant.htm

Thanks in advance
Osie

Report   Reply Quote

Re: Roquefort salad....

Perhaps "Salade de Roquefort, Vinaigrette à la huile de noix"
No need to include all the ingredients it isn't a recipe Smile [:)]

I spotted a few details. for example Crème brûlée (with a û)
I have sent you a pm, but the best editors will be the French contributors

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

I'd say " salade au roquefort, vinaigre balsamique et huile de noix " . yet, what kind of salad is it? lettuce? Roquette? batavia?
Life has a habit of biting you on the bum in ways that you least expect.............

Report   Reply Quote

Thanks both of you... I will Pm you Norman.

The salad is a mixed leaf salad..

Report   Reply Quote

So I d say " Meli mélo de salade au roquefort , huile de noix et vinaigre balsamique" ...

Yummy !!!

Life has a habit of biting you on the bum in ways that you least expect.............

Report   Reply Quote

Roquefort sur son lit de salade au vinaigre balsamique et a l'huile de noix .....
Les voyages forment la jeunesse
   Report   Reply Quote

Oui, bien aussi !!

Report   Reply Quote

I have sent another pmIdea [I]

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine