Earning a Living

Topic has 11 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Metal Detectors

I want a get rich quickly so I have decided to buy a metal detector to find some long lost treasure.

Typically as everything else is in France metal detecting is a bit complicated.

So what do I need to know ?

Anyone do this ?
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Metal Detectors

Usually there is an instruction manuel, probably in Chinese; first learn the language, then follow the instructions to assemble the thing, then find the on switch.
Then have a quick word with the commune as they will probably know. Ooops, I forgot, you are in Paris where it is not so easy to pop into the communal office just like that and have a nice chat.
Or do a law degree as well.
Rond here there are areas where it is forbidden because Bobo only knows what you might find.
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

Paris and Tours wooly....and rural Bourgougne. LOL.

Like unexploded bombs in your area you mean ??

I want to find gold coins.

ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Isn't this a bit like fishing?

As in 'watching paint dry'?

I've been accused of some boring pursuits in my time, but aren't these two especially pointless?

Report   Reply Quote

We got one for the children (!) after seeing lots of people do it on the beach. Best find was a mobile phone which eldest cracked on the first go for the password before returning to the owner, a nurse who had lots of pictures on the phone!
   Report   Reply Quote

Please be careful. My other half discovered a cache of badly corroded 303 bullets. We called a friend who used to be in bomb disposal and he would not touch them. When they were properly dug up there were over a hundred some still in their very badly corroded clips of three.
We also discovered that we had no right to do archaeological digs on our own land although I'm not sure if that is a nationwide thing or just in our particular area.

Report   Reply Quote

Lehaut wrote:
We got one for the children (!)

That sounds like the best swop I have heard for a while Woot! [:-))]

John.

Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else.
http://johnamandiers.wix.com/johns-w-o-w-1
   Report   Reply Quote

I am surprised Hoddy, I have started to read the laws and regulations concerning the use of metal detectors and cannot see any reason why you can't use it on private land.

You are right though about ammunition, very good point.

ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine