The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 19 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Electricity consumption

EDF have sent an email stating that I used 1.20 euros worth of electricity per day over the last year. Is this before fixed charges and VAT?
How does this compare with anyone else, svp?
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Electricity consumption

I would hazard a guess that it is before fixed charges and TVA as the correspondence appears to state that you used the equivalent of €1.20 of electricity per day and not that the amount of electricity used per day cost you €1.20. I might be splitting hairs here but hey, I'm not an EDF mind reader.
As to a comparison with others, apples and oranges I'm afraid.

A friend in need's a pest. Get rid.
   Report   Reply Quote

A 'tarif de base' 6kw supply, which I'd expect most to be using, will cost you €100 p/a which is €0.24 per day which leaves around €0.94 for the electricity itself which roughly translates to 6 kWh per day which I guess is doable for a careful single person household not using electricity for heating or cooking but your monthly or quarterly bill should give you a breakdown of what's what.

Report   Reply Quote

If its any help this is my last bill....

living alone in a house with terrible insulation, wood and electric heating, electric water heater and lots of garage use...welding, grinding etc.

Report   Reply Quote

what is that? a photograph for ants?

try this. https://s14.postimg.org/voembccpt/Untitled.jpg

Report   Reply Quote

Thank you for that bill, I have a good look when I have ten seconds.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote
Big Smile [:D]

Well dave

Whilst sitting in front of your wood fire having not washed for several days you must be happy to have done so much welding!!

Seriously - that is high
My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Really? Im not very careful about consumption, and my sums make that to be 1.80 or so per day not including the service charges....I thought that not unreasonable.

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine