Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 40 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

This is one for ablf

If she bothers to read it..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/living-dream-year-provence-ended-divorce/

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: This is one for ablf

I recognise that life story from someone who used to be on some of the forums, maybe this one as well but certainly FE

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

I can only read the first bit and then it wants some of my dosh to display the full article. I might wait for the DVD.

Are there any juicy bits ?

I am guessing a couple moved to France and one liked it and the other not so much and it ended in divorce ???

I have read loads of stories like that on forums.

It takes a very special person to cope with France (likewise with the UK). The probability of having two people in the same relationship that can both cope with living in France !!! eek.

Interesting debate.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

No money required. It’s a predictable story about how they were gazumped when buying their dream house, ended up buying a dump in a holiday area that was dead out of season then could not sell their house when it all fell apart.
The positive points are;
1.The journalist who was hunting for a French disaster story as soon as Peter Mayle’s death was announced on various expat forums found one.
2. The poor woman has had some free publicity for the book she wrote about the experience. I’m sure that that will go down well with Telegraph readers so we can expect her name on the Brst Sellers list very soon.
   Report   Reply Quote

The same sad story as our previous english neighbours.
The house is to be reposessed soon.
There are many lessons to be learned - the first one, bankruptcy in France is not treated as kindly as in England.
If the price at auction doesn't cover their debts, the french authorities can pursue the debtor in the UK for their assets there.
www.completefrance.com/...france/how-repossession-works-in-fra...T
   Report   Reply Quote

Is it the closing chapter in this predictable tale ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatlife/8351968/Why-this-expat-said-au-revoir-to-the-French-dream.html

Report   Reply Quote

Oh yes Brit, I saw that thread on the (can you please upload a picture of yourself ) funny face forum. You on that forum Brit ?. I got banned for being too good looking.

So yes, some Telegraph journalist was looking for a story weren't they ?.

ET gave them a hard. That made me laugh.

So they found their story.

Why don't the telegraph find stories about French couples who have moved to the UK and split up ? There must be many. I can think of some.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

No need to post a picture, I look very like the photo of Peter Mayle that is staring at me on this page. The only real differences are that I wear darker framed glasses and he smiles.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine