The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 25 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

And the Bombs are falling

So Trump has decided and the UK and France have joined in. Syria is being bombed.

We certainly live in interesting times.
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: And the Bombs are falling

Yes, just what the Syrians want-more bombs.
   Report   Reply Quote

My guess is that this is an “agreed” response after giving the Russians time to get out of the way and avoiding Syrian and other military bases, saving face all round.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Saving face?

Yes, I guess is MUCH easier to send bombs to other people's country than to try and solve intractable problems in their own home countries for Trump, Macron and May.

At the very least, the bombs have taken all domestic issues off the headlines, haven't they?

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

So what would you think is the right response then Mint.

A, Do nothing, let the Syrian government use chemical weapons on the people of that country and get the war over and done with.

B, Let everyone from Syria into Europe as 'refugees'

C, Do what Obama did, say you are going to do something, like in 2013, and then look the other way and back track

D, Post on forums how everyone else in government is wrong, and your view is correct?
Who do you think has the bigger picture, someone in government or someone in front of a PC screen?
   Report   Reply Quote

Thus cometh 1984!💥👹👺
   Report   Reply Quote

diplomacy is the answer.

Perhaps a good start would be for the US to remove their chemical weapons.

NB didn't the US actually dare to justify the dropping of 2 nuclear bombs on Japan.
My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Do the Americans have any? I thought they signed the treaty which got rid of them.
Hiroshima and Nagasaki were unfortunately necessary

The Syrians and any others who make them realise there will be consequences and that the West will respond if they do use them. Failure to do so would lead to increased use.
The Russians are the problem here.

Yes, Richard, Chamberlain tried diplomacy and look where that got him and the world.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine