Driving in France

Topic has 26 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

New speed limits

Just a thought, when the new speed limits start in a couple of weeks will sat nav systems be automatically updated to deal with the new rules, plus will all road signs be changed in time?
NickP
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: New speed limits

Hmmm, dont expect so, NickP, but there should be a grace period to start with.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

How long is it going to take them to put all the new signs up, or will they wait until the law is rescinded to save the expense:(
   Report   Reply Quote

Lehaut wrote : How long is it going to take them to put all the new signs up, or will they wait until the law is rescinded to save the expense:(

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the present 90 signs are simply to be covered over - saves a lot of expense and makes it easy to undo if needed in 2 years time.

Computing - it's another world
   Report   Reply Quote

Substantial sections of the N7 round here have already had the speed limit reduced and 80 signage is already there.

Exiting a built up area often does not have a speed limit sign, it is just the national limit (90 now, 80 next month).

I think this will be a much smaller problem than many think.
Andy

A European Rahinja.
   Report   Reply Quote

Looks like a stealth tax, they are learning from Sadiq Khan methinks.
NickP
   Report   Reply Quote

NickO, why not get a smaller, eco-friendly car. Much better than high blood pressure.

And much safer - even if its only for those outside the vehicle.
My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Seems to be unpopular...
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44472557
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine