Swimming Pools in France

Topic has 19 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

'Tide Mark' around swimming pool

Does anyone have any good ideas about how to remove the dirty mark on the swimming pool liner where the water line is?  I've tried the usual substances.

Eillen

Report   Reply Quote

RE: 'Tide Mark' around swimming pool

Eillen, a little difficult to advise as you do not state which products you have tried. All marks should be easily removed by using a good Liner cleaner as they are specifically formulated to remove oil and grease deposits from pools. I would advice against using any other products as they could easily damage your liner.

Baz

Report   Reply Quote

I have the same problem, I have used all the Desjoyaux products, the powder and gel, spent hours scrubbing, and no difference! There are some particularly thick suncreams that people use for their kids, that seem impossible to remove. Ours is a new liner and it looks horrible now so if anyone has any advice on other products that won't harm the liner, I'd be very grateful.

Report   Reply Quote

We always used a good creme cleanser and brush plus sponge to wash it all off ! Worked well for us, it is a pain but unavoidable, unfortunately !

If one never questions, how will one ever know the answers?

Report   Reply Quote

I am not surprised your liner look horrible using any powder sounds far too harsh. I would suggest that you try to look for a Tile & Liner Cleaner that Contains Phosphoric Acid and Isopropanol which has been formulated to remove oil and grease deposits from pools. These type of cleaners  I use very successfully  on my liner pool in the UK and there must be the French equivalent.

Baz

Report   Reply Quote

Washing up liquid and a scrub very gently with the rough side of those green and yellow washing up sponges always works well for me. Apply liquid neat onto sponge, even shifts the dreaded sun tan lotion.

Jan

Report   Reply Quote

Thanks for the suggestions, I've tried everything, but there is still a faint yellow tide mark left! It must have been a particularly high factor. I wish I could ban guests from putting it on before swimming, but of course its not possible. I will try the Karcher on it as a last resort.
   Report   Reply Quote

Hello

If the washing up liquid hasn't cured the problem try hair shampoo. Goodness knows what it does to the hair but it is excellent on tide marks in the bath & swimming pool.

Jan

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine