Pregnancy and Birth

Topic has 17 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

moses basket / crib

afternoon all,

anyone have any suggestions as to where to buy one of these? presumably they're too big to deliver via on-line?

the littleone has been in my tummy for 24 weeks now. we're having some issues with the results of the rubella blood tests (both tests have come back positive....even though i was immunised at the age of 12 ....and haven't had any symptoms or poorly feelings), and so want to do a spot of retail therapy!

squidge x

www.lepicvert.com
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: moses basket / crib

Babies not at all my thing, but there's a big online shop here:

http://www.bebe9.com/

(The retail therapy bit, I get.)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy b*ggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
   Report   Reply Quote

If you really mean a basket, you might find someone selling basketry things in the markets. There are two who come to Mirande market and they sell a big range of items. If you want something special they will arrange to have it made. You might need to line it yourself. Not very expensive - we bought a huge log basket for 35€  .
   Report   Reply Quote

It's called a couffin in French and if you want it in wicker, look for couffin en osier.

Clair
En Deuil - 8 Nov. 16

Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
Dalai Lama

Report   Reply Quote

Squidge, if you can tell us where you are in France (or preferably put it on your profile) someone may be able to recommend a good baby goods shop.

I wouldn't recommend a basket from a market unless it was specifically made as a baby's basket as you wouldn't find a suitable (ie: safe/snug) sized matress, and there may be sharp bits of wicker protruding. 

Report   Reply Quote

Hi
And firstly Congrats ! I've got a 6 month old little girl so this time last year was just pregnant, Firstly, dont know if u know but babycentre has a parents in france forum which is very active and informative :O) and moses baskets, we had a discussion a few weeks ago about them, personally I bought one from troc when I had my DS 4 years ago, this time I didn't even use it, and with DS I only tended to use it downstairs and he went straight into a cot, they are usually in one for about 8 weeks so please please please don't go spending lots, theres alot more fun and interesting baby things to spend your money on :O)
Try Carrefour (I know they had them) and auchan, cora,  aubert if your into spending lots, (i'm not) and trocs or Ebay had loads the other week.
hth
Pippa

Report   Reply Quote

Me0wp00 wrote:
Hi
theres alot more fun and interesting baby things to spend your money on :O)

I wonder if in one of Squidge's more hazy hormonal moments I could persuade her that gin is a 'baby thing'?

Mr SquidgeSmile [:)]

www.lepicvert.com
   Report   Reply Quote

My dh thought he should have bike parts for the birth of our daughter !

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine