Pregnancy and Birth

Topic has 3 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Insurance to cover maternity

Hello,

I have been looking at health insurance online, mutuelle, assurance complémentaire, none of the companies cover maternity from the start of the policy, you have to have had the policy for a previous ten months, is there any companies that cover from the start of the policy?

thanks.

Report   Reply Quote

Re: Insurance to cover maternity

As it would be a "known event" I would doubt it. Otherwise people would take out the policy immediately prior to pregnancy. The insurer would be signing blank cheques so to speak.

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote
Smile [:)]

I thought so too, but lo and behold, a week before my baby came I was given complementaire cover for myself and family......I signed the papers and they couldn't miss the bump!! We are with AGF.  Good luck with your pregnancy
   Report   Reply Quote

Hi

Just to mention that we have finally signed up for our mutuelle today with groupama after taking months to get our carte vitale number and i am covered for all Maternity costs from today.

tricia

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine