French Finance

Topic has 239 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:
Smile [:)]

Re: Social Charges - here we go again!

We can but hope. At least we have a name, email address and phone number to contact if nothing happens by 31 December.
   Report   Reply Quote

Ok. Last post from me.
All three interest payments arrived in our account today. The cheque for thé third and remaining year cleared yesterday..

Regarding these reimbursements - It is real. It has been approved. It will work it’s way through.

Enjoy!
   Report   Reply Quote

isitlunchtime, thank you for coming back and telling us about your good fortune!

You have given the waiters hope and determinationBig Smile [:D]Stick out tongue [:P]  Not to mention a belief in Santa Claus......................!

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

I've finally had a letter today stating my claim for the tax years 2015, 2016, 2017 has been accepted with a breakdown of the refund for each year. The payment will be paid automatically (as long as I am up-to-date) with my tax payments.

However, there is no mention of any interest on the refunds, so the claim isn't quite finished yet...
   Report   Reply Quote

Received a cheque for our refund in respect of our declaration for 2016.

What surprised me was that it was put into an envelope and "posted" into the ATM inside the bank just before lunch yesterday, and the amount was shown in our account when I logged in about 5 hours later.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

isitlunchtime wrote:
"I can't blooming believe it - they've now just sent a breakdown of interest and I tell you what, it's a lot more than you'd get in a bank deposit account.
10% For the 2015, paid in 2016
6.4% for the following year paid in 2017
3.85% on the amount paid in 2018"

Shouldn't the interest be more than that?

Approximating (no compound interest)
For 2015: Jul 2016-Nov 2019 is 1190 days = 3.25 years at 4%/year so 13%
For 2016: Jul 2017 - Nov 2019 is 820 days = 2.25 years at 4% so 9%
For 2017: Jul 2018 - Nov 2019 is 460 days = 1.25 years at 4% so 5%
   Report   Reply Quote

I have just got round to making a claim for another social charge repayment, having successfully made one several years ago.

What are people doing about this year when we seem to be paying no tax or charges but this year’s assessment will be used to fix next year’s deductions which will be higher if social charges are included?

Just a thought.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Just waiting until something is decided.

I'll keep the current prélèvement until then. You can always go online and change the figure at a later date if you can work out what a changed figure might be. Or ask the tax office to work out the new figure you might be charged and make the change for you.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine