Pregnancy and Birth

Topic has 21 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:
Blush [:$]

Re: I'll get the ball rolling then!

Hello Jura and everyone, I had 3 in France in a general hospital. I came here especially to have them. It was great! The first 2 were in Lons-le-Saunier and my son was born in Pontarlier. I had my own room with a shared changing room for the baby. There was a midwife who was learning English, so she'd come by my room and we'd have very nice conversations in my broken French and her excellent English.
The food was outstanding! I couldn't wait for meal times. I didn't want to go home!!
The one in Pontarlier is next to a Nestlé chocolate factory so I had the gorgeous smell of chocolate wafting in my room. My son was my 5th baby and the midwives left me pretty much alone. Except the time I was 'caught' sleeping with my son in my bed. I believe in having your newborn next to you almost all the time for the first few months, bit like how African mothers keep theirs on them in a baby carrier most of the time. This is what I wanted and at first it caused some hoohar with a few nurses, till they finally turned a blind eye. I know why it caused a bit of a stir, so no lectures please? : o )

I was married before and had a baby in the UK and my other in Germany. Both were fine, but not nearly as good as my French hospital experiences.

Frenchie, I'm 41 and was actually considering for one more, but common sense prevailed. I shall have to wait for grandchildren then?
   Report   Reply Quote
Big Smile [:D]

Cathy, that was funny! Cheers for the laugh!
   Report   Reply Quote

Yeah, I ve made up my mind, waiting for the grandchildren too, and  the sooner the better  ( will have to wait a bit though , my son is 14!!)

I know some women at work, who couldn't stand the idea of becoming grand mothers, I'm very different, I love children and I can't wait ti be a gran and read stories, spoil them Wink [;-)] , tell them about my life, ( how boring will that be !!).. Play with them, ( I LOVE dolls ..) Blush [:$]

I envy you to have had all those children, unfortunately mt divorce prevented me from having a larger family and now it s too late.

Anyway, .. still happy Wink [;-)]

Life has a habit of biting you on the bum in ways that you least expect.............

Report   Reply Quote
Cool [8-|]

Ahh work! How I miss a proper job!

I'm more telling my kid's/Grandkid's when I was a lass. Although my daughter has got me reading a chapter a night of The Golden Compass trilogy.

Yeah, my divorce was quick and easy (I let him have the lot rather than cause stress to our children). We married when I was very young, they're grown up's now.

I had my 3rd with Philip when I was 29, then came the 4th at 30, then finally #5 at 32. I call 'em the Wham-Bam-Bam kids, LOL

Happy too !
   Report   Reply Quote

hi Petra - glad to hear the hospital in Pontarlier is OK. we have bought an old ferme Comtoise nearby  (I wass born and bread in area, but have been living in UK for 37 years, married to Brit) and are waiting for the move (OH retired last year)- but I must say every time we drive by it we think it looks awful - so thanks for reassuring us. Perhaps we will meet in Pontus one day. I was at the station there a couple of years ago very early am, waiting for TGV- nobody else there- then suddenly I heard Sybill, and there they were: Timothey West and Prunella Scales. I was dying to say something, but held my tongue (that makes a change!) to respect their privacy.

Report   Reply Quote

Frenchie, these days it is never too late and you are never too old...

Report   Reply Quote

You are maybe right but I ve given it a thought and it is a no no..

Nice from you to say so though !

Life has a habit of biting you on the bum in ways that you least expect.............

Report   Reply Quote

Frenchie, it's great being a nana! I was a nana in France in the 60s, and now I am a nana in the UK in my lage 50s!

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine