Pregnancy and Birth

Topic has 19 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Vital vocab!!

My waters broke in the bath - I was idly thinking 'it looks like someone is poaching eggs in this water' when I realized what had happened. The bath was pre-obstetrician appointment anyway so my husband was at home luckily, I remember trying to get my 3 year old daughter to 'get Daddy' and her not wanting to..........Whistles [Www]
Quimper.co

Report   Reply Quote

TWINKLE wrote:
Twenty nine hours later - my little angel arrived.

29 hours?!!!!!!!
Clair
En Deuil - 8 Nov. 16

Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
Dalai Lama

Report   Reply Quote

Waters broke at 10.30am - baby arrived at 03.25pm the following day.

WelshWink [;-)]

PMSL LOL MDr.
   Report   Reply Quote

My first Labour was 20 hours+ , the baby was breech and it was a 'normal' delivery (these days it usually a cesarian), epidural, kept in bed most of the time. Boy did I learn from that, 3 hours for the next one, I stayed on my feet as much as possible and let gravity help.Smile [:)]
Quimper.co

Report   Reply Quote

Hi all, just to say all went well - Henry, 3.25 kilos, was born at 5.20ish Sunday afternoon, all well.  Squidge's hippy credentials took something of a battering though, as she ended up filled with more drugs than a Rolling Stone, after stating in bold on her birth plan that she in no way wanted any artificial painkilling assistance.  Perhaps I just put the TENS machine pads in the wrong places on her back - not sure.

need sleep now zzzzzz.....

Smile [:)]

www.lepicvert.com
   Report   Reply Quote

Congratulations to you both and welcome baby Henry! Jen
If there's no wind, row
   Report   Reply Quote

ahhh... I love babies!  well done to all three of you!!! Big Smile [:D]
   Report   Reply Quote

Mark wrote:

Hi all, just to say all went well - Henry, 3.25 kilos, was born at 5.20ish Sunday afternoon, all well.  Squidge's hippy credentials took something of a battering though, as she ended up filled with more drugs than a Rolling Stone, after stating in bold on her birth plan that she in no way wanted any artificial painkilling assistance.  Perhaps I just put the TENS machine pads in the wrong places on her back - not sure.

need sleep now zzzzzz.....

Smile [:)]

Tell her not to feel bad about it, Mark.  They don't call it labour for nothing, and until you've actually been through it you can't predict how much it will hurt for you.  Important thing is she has a fine healthy baby and they're both OK.

V.

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine