Latest Good Value Deals to/from France

Topic has 9 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: driving to france

We bought it in Nov 2007.

Mostly the roads are in the right place,  but it's the fact that it often doesn't seem to know that streets are one way,  or that pedestrian passages are just that and not car-capable roads.   Madame famously once tried to send us up a flight of stairs in Cahors,   having got us comprehensively lost.

And some of the menus are bordering on the dysfunctional,  with greyed out options that suddenly re-appear only when you "jog" the software by (say) changing from toll to non-toll option.

We'll wait a bit and then buy something else,  that is if the British government haven't bankrupted us before that!

Report   Reply Quote

Re: driving to france

Hi

Sorry to hear of problems with Sat Nav. I have used both a Navman and a Sony in France and have never had any problems either around Paris or in pretty rural areas.

As for Paris I regularly travel around Paris by any of the three usual routes, (Francilienne , A3/A86 or the Periferique) depending on the traffic reports via the overhead signs and only generally experience problems and long delays due to accidents or during rush hour.

I would also endorse the use of Mappy.com for route planning prior to departure.

Good luck with trip

Paul 

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine