Swimming Pools in France

Topic has 20 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Suction pool cleaners

Eeeeeeeeeyukky Yuk sounds like a good idea teapot.............................JR
   Report   Reply Quote

The bag in ours is disposable if you wish and only costs about 100€ for one replacement, but if you just hose it out it almost has a lifetime warrenty. i.e. if it goes wrong it kills you?

No, to be serious, all I do is to hose the heavy duty cloth bag out and it will last forever, or as near as. If I don't have time to wash it I just dump it in a bucket of water and do it when I do have time. So far it has given us 5 years of good service and as it is a 2001 mode, about 8 years old-ish. I have replaced the tank tracks and reconnected the cable by chopping a few inches off as it was getting a bit worn. Remember that I am a lekky.

Good bit of kit!

John.

Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else.
http://johnamandiers.wix.com/johns-w-o-w-1
   Report   Reply Quote

No problem, it is sometimes handy to have a spare or two especially if its a change over day and there is no time. They are very cheap when you re-use the disposable bag. I just wash them inside out in a bucket, they are much quicker to clean than the cloth bags.

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

It said in the ad that it's 'nasty' to get splashed when you are washing out yer bag, but it says that you can use the bags several times under certain circumstances. How do you clean them to reuse them without washing them?

So what, if you do get mucky from the splash from washing the bag just jump in the pool, that will wash it all off, no sweat cause that gets washed off too Woot! [:-))]Cool [8-|]Beer [B]

Cool manCool [8-|]

John.

Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else.
http://johnamandiers.wix.com/johns-w-o-w-1
   Report   Reply Quote

Sadly it is an American product therefore you have to overlook the paranoia about touching anything dirty and the owner plays up to this on his site but he is a nice guy.

They do clean easier than the cloth bags and are much lower cost.  

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

Baz wrote:

I have a Barracuda which I was left by the previous owners and I use it maybe a couple of times a year. With pools up to about 15x5m, I think the outlay is not worth it as cleaning by hand should not take more than 15 minutes and probably better. In any event the exercise is good.

Baz

We also have a Barracuda left by the previous owners nearly 8 years ago.  It's OK but always misses patches, despite all sorts of adjustments or running it exactly as per the instructions, and I have to run it for a long time in order for it to clean 95% of the pool.  In the time I've had it I have had to replace the valve in the head end (from memory about 80€) and this year I had to replace the rubber 'foot' (not the disc) which cost 50€ including P&P from Australia, half the price compared to France.

Like Baz, it's more efficient to manually vacuum and only takes 15 minutes to get a perfectly clean pool with not too much effort, which personally I enjoy doing. Also the Barracuda (genuine one not a version of) recommend leaving the thing in the pool  all the time (it's in the instructions) and not to remove it therefore you have to swim around a hose which also interferes with the skimmer function as it traps surface debris.

Each season I start of with the Barracuda but get frustrated and revert to the manual vac.

Report   Reply Quote

Hi the Hayward vac ultra works well at around 400euros if you take all of the extras off but i would go electric for 800euros much better
chrish
Piscine-plus.com

Gourdon 46
   Report   Reply Quote

For the hydralic cleaner... it is only on when the pump is on for circulating the water therefore I would put that down as an energy saver...

another reason I like the hydraulic is that it can stay in the pool all day/night doing its job... I just take it out if someone is bothered by him while swimming..

I should note that I have not yet had the pleasure of an electric one... so can not compare but am more than happy for the time being with the hydraulic...

As far as manual cleaning ... I have 1million other things that I need to do and which are more important than standing round a pool pulling and pushing a rod for 1 hour.

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine