Latest Good Value Deals to/from France

Topic has 13 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: LD Lines loyalty scheme

Théière - I would guess about 6 or 7 round trips. Some were more expensive - Newhaven/Dieppe, a couple were the much-missed (perfect for us) Dover to Dieppe and a couple Dover/Boulogne...

But they were all trips I was going to make anyway and just for the sake of joining the scheme for free and remembering to include my membership number on all the bookings, hey presto - a free round trip!

Report   Reply Quote

Thanks Mel, I reckon I will make 6 ish trips next year and my van costs more but earns more points? so I think I will join, given up flying
Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

Polly wrote:
 Weegie wrote:
Useful to  remember that Transmanche do a 20% discount for
  • senior over 60 
  • youth under 25
  • student under 27
  • disabled person
It cannot be done by booking on line but only by telephoning - UK contact number for UK to France and French number for France to UK.

Booked today for Dieppe to Newhaven return in February.  Car and two was £125 less 20% plus a £2 fee for booking by telephone - Total £102.  A useful saving for those who qualify. 

http://www.transmancheferries.co.uk/tariffs.html

This link didn't work, but by footling around I got there, to find that this discount only applies to Newhaven-Dieppe

That's why it says "Transmanche" ie. Newhaven - Dieppe.

Report   Reply Quote

Théière - yes, I've given up flying too - I just cannot be doing all the crap that goes with it!
   Report   Reply Quote

Weegie wrote:

That's why it says "Transmanche" ie. Newhaven - Dieppe.

ah! And there was me looking at all crossings including Newhaven on the LD lines website. Hiding the discount on their Transmanche site means many folk would miss it, so well done to you for pointing it out.

Report   Reply Quote

To make things even more confusing Transmanche now operate the Portsmouth routes for LD Lines, but the discounts only apply  to Newhaven!

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine