Earning a Living

Topic has 12 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: can I reduce my CIPAV costs

All this talk of pensions had me digging my statement out, I get the princely sum of 763 euros per year so that trumps all of you! I have paid in for 6 years I guess but that seems high in comparison to you others.
   Report   Reply Quote

In my case, they had my 2008 net profit listed as over 20,000 euros (it was under 7,000 euros)! I wanted to know who gave them that figure! Anyway, I got them to amend it, and they scanned a copy of my 2008 declaration commune des revenus des professions independantes, which declared my turnover, so they should have that on record now. I also gave them an early forecast of my 2009 net profit - I'm not sure if they'll use that in their estimation, or will wait for my accounts to be officially processed (again, I'm not sure who provides them with their figures, but it shouldn't have to be me). It concerns me greatly that I have to check and double check everything, and sometimes question what the authorities are doing and where their figures come from. I sincerely hope when next year, things will stabalise, especially as they can now work on my N-2 officially declared revenue.

Report   Reply Quote

Oh dear, seems like it's CIPAV time again. Just got my payment demand in the post, and they want over 3,000 euros (this is on top of URSSAF being 3 times as expensive this year, though I am in my third year of business and earning a little bit more). I'm a bit confused, because my estimation came earlier in the year showing tranche 1 as 1700 euros, tranche 2 as 0 euros and the retraite complementaire was 1,092 euros, plus the 76 euro invalidite deces. I mailed back the pre-appeal before the deadline to show my earnings were enough to warrant a 50% discount on the latter. I'm not sure why I now have 1,500 euros to pay in April and October, or whether the pre-appel will result in a modification when the October demands comes in. May have to give them a call.

Report   Reply Quote

Hello  Again

The reduction is taken from the second appel so in October you will only have to pay a small amount if the 50% of the total amount reduction is accepted and mine always was.

Report   Reply Quote

Hi Panda. Thanks for the info. I'll probably just sit patient until around October time, and if they send something unexpected, I'll question it. Wonder why you have to appeal twice. Aren't URSSAF suppose to supply them with the necessary figures anyway? Seems a bit unnecessary that I have to calculate the net, and give it to CIPAV. Nevermind. :)

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine