Earning a Living

Topic has 34 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Average wage in your part of France

Nor for me - error message every time.

Using the drop-down for departements, nowhere near us was on it.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

Ditto

On IE8 FF or Chrome - ERROR: There was a problem with the query.

Nick

www.aplaceinfrance.com
   Report   Reply Quote

The post code search didn't work for me but, using the drop down menu for departments, I found the adjacent commune and the mean was €1.530,00.  I know my neighbour doesn't earn enough to pay tax (as I recall their monthly household income was ~€1,000)...hence why family and friends here in the UK pass clothes etc onto them (and other families in the village).

Mrs R51

Report   Reply Quote

Doesn't work for me either, in fact the whole site is somewhat flaky. However the 'lowest scores' for our departement included most of the neighbouring towns, which are regarded as prosperous by our commune. Even they were around 23,000 out of about 25,000, and were shown as having improved in table position.

This site gives average household income and lots of other statistical information for all communes in France, and although the figures are a bit ancient they can be eye-opening (equates to 753.75€ average monthly household income for our commune). It would be interesting to know the source of the salairemoyen figures - I didn't see that information but I didn't (or rather couldn't) search for very much on that site.

Will

intentionally blank signature

Report   Reply Quote

Richard51 wrote:
The post code search didn't work for me but, using the drop down menu for departments, I found the adjacent commune and the mean was €1.530,00.  I know my neighbour doesn't earn enough to pay tax (as I recall their monthly household income was ~€1,000)...hence why family and friends here in the UK pass clothes etc onto them (and other families in the village).

Mrs R51

I hope you and your friends are fully registered to carry out this activity and that you have the correct insurance incase anyone injures themselves while giving, receiving or using the clothes as they may not be approved for use in mainland Europe..
What is the point in the French government making all the laws and rules to ensure that the population stays poor, and then you go GIVING them things. Wink [;-)]

Report   Reply Quote

Part of me is glad it was not just me having problems, I normally refuse to us eany French site, my computer is so slow that any site carrying advertising is a work up but most of them just dont deliver or allow the basic thing that they are there for and make me pete a plomb, I let my guard slip and followed Norm's recommendation.

Even if it had worked for me I didnt see anywhere on the site that would gie you what the name of the site suggests, salaire moyen other than a google ad link.

Pretty pointless yet par for the course, do people actually get paid to create these sites or just do it for fun?

Report   Reply Quote

Something odd has happened, Chance, because when Norman posted the link it worked perfectly for me and did what it said on the tin.  Now I get the error message others are getting.  I wonder if we all made it go bang by hitting it more than twice in one day!
"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy b*ggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
   Report   Reply Quote

Same here as CoopsBig Smile [:D], although I thought at first I should keep quiet about it as I must be the one who busted it (too many hits!)

It is true that I prefer Will's site though. The other site's average income for where I live was much higher than I thought possible.

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine