French Language

Topic has 38 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: What do you call a scraper?

Goodness, that's expensive - is that brand something special? Sweet, I'd get you one from JLP (£6) if we were in UK!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

Sorry, look at the alternatives below and there's one for 8 euros, delivery free.

It was just meant as a lead-in.  Like Paul I'd use my tongue!Stick out tongue [:P]Woot! [:-))]

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy b*ggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
   Report   Reply Quote

You could also get one in your local market, perhaps. I got mine in the local one, in the rack next to the scrubbers and scrapers. But they were fresh our of bowers, though! It was not more than a couple of euros. Scrubbers were the mose expensive though.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

woolybanana wrote:
You could also get one in your local market, perhaps. I got mine in the local one, in the rack next to the scrubbers.
Well, you would, wouldn't you?Whistles [Www]
"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy b*ggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
   Report   Reply Quote

Blush [:$]Kiss [kiss]
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

I'm now sorry I asked!  Goodness, tongues, fingers, nudge, nudge, wink, wink...............I give up!

Look, can someone just tell me the name in French and I could try at Weldom or a traditional hardware store (sorry, can't spell quincaillerie or whatever the right spelling is).

Did look in the market but nothing ressembling a scraper and, yes, I don't expect to pay more than a bob (or even euro) or two!

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Sorry for the diversion Woot! [:-))]but the names are in my Amazon link - and Andy already gave you one.....  ooo, er..Wink [;-)]

Raclette/Spatule Smile [:)]

Report   Reply Quote

Google "outils de cuisine - spatules" and you'll find one like wot I have. It's one of the Rubbermaid ones.
I also have a flexible plastic one.
You've certainly picked a subject ripe for doubles entendres Big Smile [:D]
posts crossed with Coops'!

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine