French Language

Topic has 11 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: How would I translate "bring and buy sale"

Loisea,

Thanks - that's the most helpful yet - yes, we do a bourse aux livres, so I can see it might work.

Anhow, just to put the finishing touches to the affiche - but I need to change  the date we agreed....

Judith
ex W1, via 47 and 11 and now [just] in 34, equidistant from Carcassonne, Narbonne and Béziers, where I hope we'll finally stay!!

Report   Reply Quote

I am so pleased to see that no-one has dropped a bombshell on you to say that its illegal to do what you are organising even for a charity, that you will need to organise permission from the prefecture 18 months in advance, etc etc etc.

Certainly the rederies organised by the communes have to abide by all the controls and restrictions and I know they have come down very hard on pariculiers that have dared to sell off their unwanted stuff., the only selling that is permitted around here is by the Trocs or Emmaus.

Report   Reply Quote

And that is why we stopped our very very profitable braderie, the paper work in our dept was so 'lourd' in the end and so many restraints on us that it we volunteers simply ran out of energy.

As we had lots of money I wanted to run a raffle with the first prize of a car, but that too was interdit, first prize could only be worth a relatively small amount.
   Report   Reply Quote

This is simply something "entre nous".  Members and invited friends only - as would be in a typical bring and buy in England.  Difficult to see how anyone could object to that - it's for Inner Wheel, already well organised and within the rules even here in France.

Judith
ex W1, via 47 and 11 and now [just] in 34, equidistant from Carcassonne, Narbonne and Béziers, where I hope we'll finally stay!!

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine