French Language

Topic has 16 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Comme même?

AFAIK, it means what Wooly says and also what Norman says in the context of the meal!

Gemonimo uses it quite a lot and I picked it up from her.  Usually, when I use it, I mean, all the same, nonetheless, even so, despite all that, etc.  Really to emphasise an opinion about something.....no, I don't mean emphasis in a narrow sense but in a sense of agreeing with what you have just said.

Perhaps Gem will come on and tell me whether I've got her meaning right....Smile [:)]Wink [;-)]

N'allez pas trop vite - Proust
   Report   Reply Quote

Try this one - Bigard advertising Tryba insulation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZghvN2H2BrI&NR=1

@+

Andrew 44

Report   Reply Quote

In this part of the Bresse it seems to be used almost as a form of punctuation like 'y'know' or 'like'.
   Report   Reply Quote

woolybanana wrote:
As you know, I never hazard an opinion on anything but let the dictionary speak for me.

Well none of the examples in your dictionary link showed quand même being used for "similar".

I do hope you dont let your dictionary speak for you too often with phrases like:

Et je l'ai eu quand même!
Well, I throwed him

Big Smile [:D]

Report   Reply Quote

Ah my dear Chancer, I see my shorthand has throwed you;  "or similar" is used not as a meaning but to indicate that the meaning is similar to the one I indicated, in other words "or a similar meaning to this".
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

Ah quand même !  You've finally managed to explain that to him.   Big Smile [:D]

Animal Aid Saint Aubin

"Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal"

Report   Reply Quote

What about " well. there you go"
   Report   Reply Quote

water rat wrote:
What about " well. there you go"

Fits the Tryba ad.

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine