South West (Aquitaine, Midi-Pyrénées)

Topic has 59 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Snow! Snow! Snow!

It's snowing again in our northern corner of the Lot.
Temp down to -4.6°C overnight, though it's due to warm up a bit by the end of the day...

Boots at the door and winter tyres fitted... Bring it on! Big Smile [:D]

Clair
En Deuil - 8 Nov. 16

Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
Dalai Lama

Report   Reply Quote

I was able to eat outside yesterday midday, though I had to keep my jumper on.
It is a particular suntrap however, and  last week I had four lunchtimes wearing only a T-shirt as a top..
I think that is over now thoughSad [:(]

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Two such contrasting pictures from Clair and Norman.

Well, I guess, here in God's own paradise, we are somewhere in between!Smile [:)]

Had the first severe(ish) frost on Friday and yesterday which, however, soon disappeared as we had bright sunshine and brilliant skies.  Today, however, it's a total change:  mist, fog, damp (though not actually raining).

I was hoping to be able to have lunch in the nearby village where there is a vide grenier and brocante today but, alas, NO food!  Don't know what's happening, world's gone mad, how can there be any sort of  évenement with NO FOOD, and this is France?Confused [8-)]

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Keep the snow far away from me, svp. And the fog too.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Sweet, that is really surprising! not even a drop of vin chaud? I'm really happy that the vin chaud season has started; I had to have hot chocolate a couple of times this week, as there wasn't any available. I do love those hot chocolates on sticks! One of our sons loves them too, and they are on his Christmas wish list, which makes some of the Christmas shopping easy.

The wind mentioned by Gardian dropped yesterday, to such an extent that the restaurant where we ate lunch (inside!) lit their outdoor patio heaters by about 1pm; it had been too dangerous that morning and before that. All the tables inside had been booked ahead, or taken by early arrivals; the 8 or so outside were all taken when we left, plus a second sitting had taken the places of those who were quickest at eating and had gone. They also have shaped blankets on the chairs; it's quite funny to watch the reaction of new visitors, who think somebody has left their wooly pully. They also have sun hats ready for use - all mod cons!   Big Smile [:D]

We've eaten several lunches outside on our very sheltered balcony, including today; I must admit I wore my boots and a little fleece, but it was very pleasant sitting in the sunshine.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

"hot chocolates on sticks", GG, what on earth are those?  OK, OK, I'm from the sticks (no pun intended) and not exactly au courant with anything whose origins are newer than last century but, even so, I wonder how the hot chocolate doesn't fall off the sticks?

No vin chaud but, chez nous, I did have a couple of glasses of merlot with lunch; just to keep the cold at bay, you understand.

Now I know lots of people who say that they never drink on their own.  To me, that's totally incomprehensible because I think it's lovely to drink on your own because then you could have as much (or as little of course Wink [;-)]) as you wish as you don't have to share the bottle with anybody or indeed feel deprived if someone else finishes the dregs before you could get to them Big Smile [:D]

Report   Reply Quote

Wasn't there 'no food' at a do mentioned before????? Yes, there should be food, that is weird S17. Even in England someone would turn up with a hamburger van.

Report   Reply Quote

It could be, id, because the whole salle des fêtes was chock-a-block with stalls and that's where the grub is normally dispensed....Sad [:(]
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine