French Language

Topic has 11 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Chez le médecin

As a long-time observer of these things, I have to say that I agree with ericd.  It's the breasts that exert pressure on the dress; the cleavage is merely the space between them.

Report   Reply Quote

NormanH wrote:
Your eyes are obviously not popping out of your head Judith.
Does this mean the second eye operation has been done?

Norman,

Thanks for asking - I meant to post the news on the previous thread, but it has been very active here - looking for new hobs and ovens etc.

Yes, second eye a week yesterday - and seems to have settled very well, better than the first (which I rubbed accidentally, unfortunately).

Gone from -12/-15 to about -1 in both eyes - no longer totally dependent on glasses, though it is clear I will need glasses for small print and for the focussing for driving   .... but wow!!!!!

I've been given "permission" to start driving again - even before the new glasses are with me, but carefully - for I cannot be any worse now than I was before the op.

So off tomorrow for my first (short) foray to the shops - what a pleasure to go shopping without OH saying, haven't we got everything yet?

Sorry to go OP - so back to cleavages - never had one really, so I wouldn't know the word, now would I ?   :)

Judith
ex W1, via 47 and 11 and now [just] in 34, equidistant from Carcassonne, Narbonne and Béziers, where I hope we'll finally stay!!

Report   Reply Quote

allanb wrote:
As a long-time observer of these things, I have to say that I agree with ericd.  It's the breasts that exert pressure on the dress; the cleavage is merely the space between them.

I am sure he is right, but the cleavage is more like a gorge and the breasts like the hills above...
Perhaps 'ample bosom' would be the appropriate English cliché?

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Thank you, Norman: "bosom" is perfect.  Breasts and cleavage together in one word.

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine