Swimming Pools in France

Topic has 8 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Replacing Desjoyaux Pool Pump

Kind of you Plcook, hope it lasts longer, the flow rate maybe higher on the spec but after the awful Desy filtration is added that remains to be seen. The problem is the filtration, if I can call it that, is placed in front of the pump so causing considerable strain and inefficiency on the motor as water would much rather be pushed than pulled. Water behaves like air so to demonstrate what I mean it's like trying to suck out the candles on a birthday cake rather than blow. Same lungs very different result.  Desy try to get round this by employing a more powerful pump than you would need if you were pushing the water.
Your new lower power pump may suffer trying to get some flow to the far end as that where most Desy pools have issues.

Desy and Magiline have fancy how they would like you to believe it works animations on their websites but dirt doesn't form an orderly queue up one side of the pool, around the top and all the way back down to the skimmer. As the return is situated next to the skimmer the water tends to do a shorter circuit leaving little movement at the top end.

The filters are really just strainers, they strain out the bigger stuff, taking out the much finer stuff makes pool ownership easier but you have to work with what you have.
I have those pumps available as I have an account with ViPool so please let me know how you get on as they are a newish product.

I am looking at a new filtration setup at the moment which could, if it works revolutionise Desy and Magiline pools. Early days and many many €1000's of off the working model but there is at least a glimmer of hope on the horizon.

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine