Swimming Pools in France

Topic has 25 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Stripping out liner!!

All stripped out now. Just a bit of cleaning to do and contact a mate to see if I can borrow his brick glue mixer for the steps.

The GRP steps are up for grabs, but as I can't advertise them on here a PM will give the details..

It was really odd, because the felt came off of the parts that it had been glued to far easier than the parts where it hadn't. It was smoother on the glued bits and the felt was almost ingrained into the bare concrete. So, I finished up pulling the felt off, a very dusty job, then burning off any residue and wire brushing the remainder. It took at least a couple of burns and wire brushing to get some of it off too!

If I ever get the chance to do the same again I will hide!

When the new steps are built in I will pressure wash the whole thing, or should that be hole thing? And it will be ready, I hope for the liner.

John.

Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else.
http://johnamandiers.wix.com/johns-w-o-w-1
   Report   Reply Quote

Ooh it's naked! Woot! [:-))]

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

Not arf as knackered as I when I had got the felt off that right hand wall Blush [:$]

Oh, sorry. I misread (?) wot you rote Devil [6]

John.

Report   Reply Quote

Such a shame to loose those wonderfully engineers internal steps you made, I guess that they will be on ebay by and by.

Never mind, I'm sure that you'll make a nicer job of the builtin steps too John.

You know that you'll have to be careful of the details in the liner as your water is so clear that everyone can see the smallest defect.

Of course you know who to thanks for that.

O

Report   Reply Quote

I always make sure that our pool is in peak condition, even when it's going to be emptied Cool [8-|]

I'm not too sure wht would happen now if someone fell in there and the floating safety cover wasn't in place?  Confused [8-)]
The straps aren't long enough to reach the bottom Woot! [:-))]Woot! [:-))]

Edit  :  -  I have to admit Orical, that I had not even thought about advertising them on ebay? I have never bought or sold owt on there.

John.

Report   Reply Quote

Well, after a bit of delay due to bone idleness and a couple of weeks in SW Corsica, hell, but someone had to do it? I finally got to doing the steps.

I had thought of hiring a betonier, cement mixer to you and me, but after a look at 'le boncoin' web site I found a second hand jbbie just a few Ks away. So now I am the proud owner of a cament mixer, which I will sell on when I have done with it?Cool [8-|]

A mate came and helped me with the bottom step. He's always good for a laugh and it went well. I carried on with the others. The steps are 30cm tread and 25cm rise. As the blocks are 49 X 19 X 19 it means that there is a 5cm-ish lump of concrete on the top of each layer of blocks, including a skim of morter to give a nice smooth finish.

I rediscovered muscles that I had totally forgotten about, but when I look at the job I have to admit to being quite pleased with the result. I decided to build the whole thing using blocks. I was going to just do the outer 2 lines with blocks and fill the inner bit with rubble, stones and anything that I could egt hold of, but for a few extra €€ it was so much easier the way I have done it.

The 1st step

Missed the jet!!Woot! [:-))]

Finished

All it needs now is to get the last bits of that awful felt off the bottom, have the new armoured liner fitted, fill with water and get in theree and enjoy it again Cool [8-|]Beer [B]

John.

Report   Reply Quote

Good job John!

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

Ta TP. It was inspected by the guy doing the liner and passed with flying colours Cool [8-|]

Then, I had a look at it last night, after we had some rain, and found our first visitor sat on the second step down looking  very sorry for himself

He could get up and down the steps, but the overhang of the margels was a no no. After a bit of a chase he was in a plastic box and let go away from the pool.

John.

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine