Swimming Pools in France

Topic has 8 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Zeolite - how to regenerate ?

Hi helpful people

I really think I'm stupid - so have patience please.

When I asked about how much salt to use to regenerate Zeolite - I got confused....

Took the multi-port off the filter last autumn, and drained out the water.   Now in process of opening pool again;  have looked at the top of the Zeolite in the filter and have removed a lot of the dried gunk - which was not a thick layer - that was lying on top.   The Zeolite looks as red as the day it was poured into the filter.

Next step - adding the salt.   Here's my stupidity;  someone referred to 10% - presumably a ratio of 1 part salt to 10 parts of Zeolite.   
So if we have 60 kgs of Zeolite in the filter we'd need to use 6 kgs of salt, dissolved in water, added to the filter to what - just cover the top of the Zeolite - let it works its magic for 48 hours.   Open the valves, fill the filter with water, do the backwash, rinse, backwash to clear out the salt before returning to normal filtering again ?

Sorry everyone - need everything spelled out in very simple language !!

Chessie

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine