Swimming Pools in France

Topic has 25 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Water discharge regs?

Too busy doing his sales pitch on all the other forums he is on Wink [;-)]

Report   Reply Quote

Please delete this post, This strange text appeared??

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

Jonzjob wrote:
If it was the des-joyoo bunch that built it then I'm not surprised at all that they didn't think beyond the cash for chucking it in.

Where's that TP when he's needed? Probably on an expensive round the world cruise Whistles [Www]Devil [6]

Sorry John, I've been looking after my Mother who has take a turn for the worse with uncontrolled shaking, very scary to watch this new development and increasing deafness doesn't help either.

AFAIK, under the Article R1331-2 code of public health, you are not allowed to drain water into the sewerage networks. But you may get permission for a private pool. You can drain water into a storm drain but the water should be zero for chlorine and no metals like copper or silver are allowed as these sometimes run off into rivers and could pollute and kill the river creatures. It is advised under the code that no treatments have been added for 14 days before discharge.

Generally people water their gardens with it as they don't want to get involved in issues and when I am there they just want the work done and rules go out of the window. 

Hope that helps

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

gardengirl wrote:
Don't know about regs, sorry, but a note on how our pool is emptied. We live in a apartment building with a pool, but no way was built in to drain it. The first two years it was discharged by Desjoyaux into our park, which flooded, and then went into the road running alongside it. In the middle of emptying it the second year a stop was placed on it by the police, as it was a nuisance to drivers, and wasn't allowed to run into the drains. The rest of that discharge was achieved hiring a water tanker to drain the water into, and this has had to be done each year since, although we now use an independent company. It seems mad that a large company can build a swimming pool with no sensible way of emptying it! Hope you find what you're looking for.

It seems mad that Desjoyaux even exist but that's another story...........Likewise Magiline and Waterair.
Why is your pool emptied each year gardengirl, that is such a waste of water and money, what is the reason behind it?  I get a bit het up with water being wasted unnecessarily  when other parts of the world people are dying through not being able to get a drink of non toxic, non polluted water.

Report   Reply Quote

I am PMing you, Teapot.  Be done in a couple of minutes...................

N'allez pas trop vite - Proust
   Report   Reply Quote

Théière wrote:
Please delete this post, This strange text appeared??

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}

Very odd TP.  I thought that you had run out of tonic Woot! [:-))] neat gin an all that Woot! [:-))]

I hope that your Mum is feeling a bit better now. Parents, like children can be a big worry can't they. Good luck mate!

I have done a quick copy of R1331-2 and will have a lok at it when I can see straight, in the morning. Too tired tonight, but ta for the info.

I have never drained water from our pool in the winter. As you say, what a waste. Our solar controller is set to run the pump if/when the water temp drops below a certain point to stop any freezing. Yes. I know that moving water can freeze, but it takes a lot more to make it do so.

John.

Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else.
http://johnamandiers.wix.com/johns-w-o-w-1
   Report   Reply Quote

This parliamentary reply seems to give a sensible pragmatic summary of the situation

http://www.senat.fr/questions/base/2004/qSEQ040913862.html

Report   Reply Quote

Théière wrote:
 gardengirl wrote:
Don't know about regs, sorry, but a note on how our pool is emptied. We live in a apartment building with a pool, but no way was built in to drain it. The first two years it was discharged by Desjoyaux into our park, which flooded, and then went into the road running alongside it. In the middle of emptying it the second year a stop was placed on it by the police, as it was a nuisance to drivers, and wasn't allowed to run into the drains. The rest of that discharge was achieved hiring a water tanker to drain the water into, and this has had to be done each year since, although we now use an independent company. It seems mad that a large company can build a swimming pool with no sensible way of emptying it! Hope you find what you're looking for.

It seems mad that Desjoyaux even exist but that's another story...........Likewise Magiline and Waterair.
Why is your pool emptied each year gardengirl, that is such a waste of water and money, what is the reason behind it?  I get a bit het up with water being wasted unnecessarily  when other parts of the world people are dying through not being able to get a drink of non toxic, non polluted water.

I really don't know why the pool has always been emptied - and yes, it is a terrible waste. It's something all the French residents just accept - they thought it strange the first year when we and another English couple asked questions about where the water was going and why - and their answer was 'c'est normal'. We have the ex-chief pompier living in our apartment block, and as his only objection the first year it was emptied was to complain about water getting into the foundations and causing harm to them, we continued to assume that was indeed normal, along with so many things have seemed very odd to us. The following year the water was pumped to the edge of our land rather than aimed at the centre of the parc, and therefore almost immediately into the road, until the police arrived and put a stop to it.

As it seems that it isn't necessary to pump the water out, I'll ask questions of the syndic. However, our very effective president of the conseil syndical has a house with pool in the next village, which he and his wife live in during the summer and at various other times, and he has never raised the question of why our pool needs to be emptied, so again have always assumed he does something similar - although whether he would use the water on his manicured lawns or his vines is an interesting question. We're about to start a study of  the cost of the pool costs, as they are extremely high, so I'll also put that question on the agenda.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine