Swimming Pools in France

Topic has 10 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Re-occurring fine dirt/dust/aglae in Pool?

Thank you, yes I've only been using the drops and sticks so a proper test would be useful.

Yesterday I needed to up the chlorine so I removed the nets on the jets to improve circulation and the result was awful. Nearly a third of the pool covered in fine silt in 5 hours. So the nets must have been just defusing the stuff on entry - I'm guessing? But thats alot in a short space of time.

http://www.lancephotography.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/pool2016july2.jpg

Report   Reply Quote

If your weather has been anything like ours over the past couple of weeks then it is probably pollen and as TP says sand will not filter it out. I put Zeolite in our filter years back now and that is far better than sand. More expensive, but far better.

Due to the weather here I had our summer, bubble, cover on the pool for several days and, stupidly, didn't check the water. When I took it off the day before yesterday it was emerald green and I couldn't see the bottom. I put several dozen trichlor pastels in the skimmers and 1/2 a bidon of 12% javel, liquid chlor, into it. The trichlor went in first and yesterday when I had bought another 20 kg of the javel that went in yesterday. The cyanuric acid was a bit low at 37ppm so the trichlor will help to raise that.

The green is slowly fading, but it still ain't clear yet. As soon as the chlor level drops then I will vac it to waste to get rid of the c r a p in the bottom of the pool. I would have done it before but I couldn't see the blasted bottom!

I am sure that the deposit in mine is a mix of pollen and fine sand blown in and dumped by the wind and rain.

My tester is a LaMotte Colour Q Pro 7 and about as good as I could afford, but what the hell, it's accurate. And it comes in a nice pink handbag Blink [blink]

John.

Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else.
http://johnamandiers.wix.com/johns-w-o-w-1
   Report   Reply Quote

lanslow wrote:
Thank you, yes I've only been using the drops and sticks so a proper test would be useful. Yesterday I needed to up the chlorine so I removed the nets on the jets to improve circulation and the result was awful. Nearly a third of the pool covered in fine silt in 5 hours. So the nets must have been just defusing the stuff on entry - I'm guessing? But thats alot in a short space of time. http://www.lancephotography.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/pool2016july2.jpg

Apart from the obvious scattering of fine silt/pollen, the water is also very hazy so all is not well.
Why remove the nets because you are upping the chlorine?  You won't get much improvement in circulation, that's a bit of a pool myth as hardly anyone knows how to really circulate water in pools.  It's the placement of the return jets that makes the biggest difference.

If you too would like a pretty pink handbag with a digital pool tester inside email me john@le-pre.co.uk

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine