French Language

Topic has 13 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Position of adjectives

Or 'un petit homme avec une grande....' considering that Sarko has Carla Bruni, and Hollande has had 'pas mal de belles femmes'

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

woolybanana wrote:
So, un grand homme grand or un petit homme petit? Thinkng of de Gaulle and Sarkozy.

Personally, prefer un bel homme myself to either of the above!!!

Report   Reply Quote

You really are better, Doudoune; un chere femme chere!
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

Wondering about that last 'chere', as I tend to be peu couteuse, happily call myself Bargain Lil to be honest!Wink [;-)]

Report   Reply Quote

Bargain Lidl?

I didn't think you approved of them.

Oh sorry - Lil. My eyes are playing me up this evening.
Andy

A European Rahinja.
   Report   Reply Quote

No most certainly Bargain Lil.......... although I use Lidl, quite like some of their products, but not all. What I am not is someone who likes shopping  at Aldi, even though they seem to have more choice, too much of their stuff has been disappointing for me.

AND Aldi won an award for mince pies a couple of years ago........ well, all I can say is that who so ever voted for them, had NOT tasted proper baking, they were absolutely awful.

Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine