Earning a Living

Topic has 12 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Metal Detectors

There is some legislation governing their use, similar to that in the UK.

Mentioned here http://les.guillotines.free.fr/detecteur-de-metaux.htm

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

If we hadn't told anyone what we found it would have been different. So if you find something interesting, but not dangerous, I think keeping it quiet is the best plan.
   Report   Reply Quote
Whistles [Www]

I believe that if you find something on your land then it belongs to the French State. However, if you find it within the walls of your building then it belongs to you personally. Of course I am not suggesting, no of course not in a million years, that if you find a haul of gold in the ground that you immediately fill in the hole and go to one of your old outbuildings and make a similar sized hole in the ancient walls from where you now declare you found this fortune .........
If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back
   Report   Reply Quote

! We have no outbuildings, but have found no treasure. OH gave me a metal detector for my birthday, he seems to like gadgets. I tried it in our field and over some newly dug earth. It's most frustrating as it keeps pinging and we get all excited - only to find a rusty nail. It's supposed to be a good one you can set for specific metals. So far a base-metal thimble is the most interesting find.

Report   Reply Quote

Hello everyone! The 13 of July at around 12 o'clock, in the water not too much high I lost my wedding ring in a Beach Club of Nice.
It is very important to me. I am willing to give you a rewarding cash.
If you know how to help me with a metal detector, please don't hesitate to contact me.
WhatsApp: +393402792602
Voice: +4917686368816
On the ring it is written my husband's name and mine, "Lara & Stefan" and our wedding date.
Please, help me!
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine