Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 25 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: La ville idéale...the best place to live in France

My ville is not listed, not worthy of comment but would get a fat zero, the inhabitants try to deflect their misery by pointing out that its far worse in my village Big Smile [:D]

Closest ville listed is Amiens, it got 4 point something but I think all the comments were from the C.M., this guy gave it 2.5:

pas grand chose à faire, une ville très sale (déjections canines, vomis sur les trottoirs), des mauvaises odeurs, un chômage a 12%, beaucoup de pauvreté.
Une ville morte, un très grand manque de dynamisme.

And he is right, it is dead but compared to my locality its more alive than a lit fuse and the closest that I can find some little bit of normality, normal as in the worst day of your life Stick out tongue [:P]

Report   Reply Quote

Chancer, why are you so proud of your home town?

If its that bad would you not just leave?
My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Sounds like Versailles Chancer.

I was there yesterday. Apart from the Châteaux the town itself is a bit grim with lots of beggars and other sorts up to mischief. It scores a healthy 7.45 mind you. Not sure how that works. I would not live there.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Not my home town Richard but the closest town to where I currently live, - Watch this space!

My home town is Crawley, now there is a place to be proud of Stick out tongue [:P]

Report   Reply Quote

The nearest town to our current house got 9 across the board. The town we are moving to gets 4.6 for security:(
   Report   Reply Quote

Its all a bit of fun but given that so many towns like mine dont even have a single review I bet the other ones only have a handfull and then skewed by it being people encouraged by social media or those with an axe to grind who bother.

About as objective as a Tripadvisor listing with only a couple of very marmite reviews.

Report   Reply Quote

I have always preferred

http://www.linternaute.com/ville/

which gives a lot of factual information rather than anecdotes or ALBF's imagination...

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

That is a boring site Norman. It has been around for years. There are actually better sites than that.

Actually, my little girl showed me the site I linked (she was comparing where we lived in Paris to were we live when we are not living in Paris) and thought it would be fun to post it. Gives expats/immigrants looking to move a different perspective of France.

Well I think it is a fun site.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine