The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 21 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Yipeeeee....It's going to snow tomorrow.

Please keep your snow as far away from here as possible; cold nasty wet stuff fit only for skiers and postcards. Hate it.
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Eurotrash - oxters is Scottish for armpits.
   Report   Reply Quote

My Dad used to use it - but he wasn't Scottish, I've never seen it written so had to look it up to find out how to spell it!
At any time the urge to sing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" is only a whim away.
   Report   Reply Quote

I read it as 'Oxted'....but that is dyslexia for you. I went to school there once. Oxted that is, not dyslexia. I think dyslexia is in America.

Live update from Tours.....no snow. Well a scattering of flocons.

Little boy woke up this morning and said "is that what you call f***** snow". LOL

I blamed the French and said that if he lived in the UK he would have proper snow. And something proper to eat for breakfast.

Croissant vs Bacon, egg, sausage, bake beans and diabetes ???? Tough one. Especially if you are hangry. lol.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

The only time and place that almost anyone eats a full English breakfast is if they're staying in a hotel. As any fule no.
Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

My daughter is doing a presentation on the UK for school and I said that is what the British eat for breakfast.

So what do I change it to ? What do the chavs and wags eat then ?

Rice Crispies ?
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Nothing wrong in an English breakfast, can be done quite healthily with grilled bacon, sausage, mushrooms and tomatoes and good scrambled or poached eggs. Mmm Yummy!

Chavs probably have it all fried 😂 and wags would have fresh fruit and yoghurt, I should think😋. Good luck for her project ALBF.

No snow for me today but it's now forecast for tomorrow. I'd rather have snow with blue sky than this awful grey and wet we've had for around 2 months.

Report   Reply Quote

In Paris today, 6th February 2018 - a report on the weather from another forum:

The buses have been pulled off the roads, the RER is not running into the suburbs and trains are being cancelled. Some companies are asking employees not to come in to work tomorrow, as the commute would be too dangerous. I have never seen Paris quite like this before.

Anybody know if it really is that bad?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine