Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 29 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: No house . . . but continued taxes d'hab and foncière !

Betty.

I agree that the tax offices are probably the one of the few organisations in France which respond promptly and effectively to emails, although our Prefecture is also right up there.

The tax office in Carcassonne has promptly answered every email I have sent them since I have been here, the first record I still have was in 2005, and they have sorted out every problem, large or small, to my complete satisfaction.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

But she is intimating that tax offices dont usually answer, so why agree? You are confirming that they do probably most of the time.

My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

But Richard, they are both praising the EMAIL service - which I must admit I had never considered, as I thought it even less likely that I would receive any attention.
Though I will now...
   Report   Reply Quote

Loiseau wrote:
But Richard, they are both praising the EMAIL service - which I must admit I had never considered, as I thought it even less likely that I would receive any attention. Though I will now...

Thanks for trying to explain, Birdie, I'm afraid I just couldn't be bothered in this case.

I have been pointing out for years, on here and on other forums, the merits of email contact with gov't departments.

It enables one to check the details, and one's French, carefully before sending, all emails get an immediate automatic reponse, which constitutes proof of delivery, so that the email becomes a matter or record, and someone is obliged to respond reasonably promptly.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

"She" is intimating that it is rare to get an email answered in France, in general. The tax office, in my experience, is an exception.
I think nomoss and Loiseau both got the gist.
Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

.......... and so I think, did most of the rest of us !

Report   Reply Quote

I have found that the tax people do indeed reply to emails, reasonably promptly too, which is more than can be said when phoning anywhere, and being passed from pillar to post.

They do have a wonderful way of sending reminders which do not tell you to which unpaid bill they might be referring.  Twice now, once today, hence it is in my mind, we have had bills not arrive ... and the first we know is the reminder.  As we usually pay promptly this can be worrying, but emails do work, I must agree.

As for the OP, my sister spent some years trying to get the tax foncière etc to come to her after our father gifted us the house in France ... it wasn't entirely comforting to see that they still had our mother listed, even though she had died some years before.  She (my sister) made contact with the relevant council by email and it was eventually sorted.  Even the bank (CA) can work with email now.  How things have changed since we first owned property here, long before we became resident!!

Judith
ex W1, via 47 and 11 and now [just] in 34, equidistant from Carcassonne, Narbonne and Béziers, where I hope we'll finally stay!!

Report   Reply Quote

So, the message I am now getting is that email in France is indeed a good method of communication in general.

Am I getting the right message?
My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine