Driving in France

Topic has 12 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: European Commission for the Homologue Regulations and insurance companies.

For all I knew Crooklock also make motorcycle locks. For my current motorcycle (I’ve had bikes all my life since buying a D3 Bantam aged 13) I only had to provide my insurance company with a photograph of the additional lock I use. No certificate was required. I was only replying to comments made in your post, any confusion came from your writing not my lack of knowledge of the subject.
   Report   Reply Quote
Cool [8-|]

Hi BritinBbret.
Mine was the old telegram 125cc plunger, I replaced the original engine with a George Todd 125 engine.
I must say that I have never heard of a crook lock for a bike. The one I had was a Yale with the U shape bar of hardened steel with a lock across the ends.Like you I have been riding bikes all my life from a Honda 90, a Greeves 250t rials bike a G50 Matchless a BSA Golden Flash, I also built a Velton which was a Velocette clubman engine and gearbox in a Norton featherbed frame a Moto Guzzi T3. Bmw R 90, Bmw R100Rs and finally a BMW K75s. I also races a Royal Enfield GP5 rolling chassic with a Les Williams Suzuki T500 engine in it. I also changed the forks and wheels for the Yamaha TZ forks and wheels (8 leading shoe front brakes and wider wheels) and at the same time passenger in a Windle built sidecar outfit.
   Report   Reply Quote

My Bantam was a 150, it also had a strange rear suspension setup. I too ha£ a Greeves, a 24 TES, a ‘Scottish’ trials bike with a square barrel. It was fantastic off-road. I had Honda 50s and 70s but never a 90.
I’ve never had a CrookLock for a bike or a car, I presumed that it was just a tradename. Most good locks seem to be badged by well known names. I use a chain with a fancy padlock, I can’t remember the make. Interestingly I just found some two pot epoxy resin that I’ve been searching for for a while, I’d been looking for my Araldite while all the time thinking it was a cheap imitation. I was surprised to find it was the real thing. Common names seem to take over some things. I still use the Hoover even though one is made by Dyson and the other DirtDevil.
How is the buggy? Does it compensate for not having a bike?
   Report   Reply Quote
Cool [8-|]

Hi BritinBret.
The buggy has a Suzuki 812cc tripple and the acceleration is quite rapid but obviously the motor is restricted, even so it can just reach 105 KPH which at my age is quite sufficient. I don't bother with a roof or doors as I still like to feel the wind blowing through my hair, yes I still have a good thatch on top. It has disc's all round, it also has rally seats and seat belts. The only down side has been a plastic fuel cap and with the Alloy tank situated above the engine it can be difficult to remove the cap, at one point I had to smash the cap off because it had swollen making it impossible to remove. I now have a piece of aluminium checker plate to fit under the tank to deflect some of the heat from the engine.
   Report   Reply Quote

I’ve got a Suzuki 80cc quad which my children used to use in the garden. It’s quite lively and it’s little 2 stroke engine makes it a lot of fun. Flat out it will do exactly 40kmh and, believe me, that’s fast enough, I certainly wouldn’t want to go any faster on it.
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine