French Food and Wine

Topic has 30 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Gingeur (trade name) or a gluggable non alcoholic wine

I googled Gingeur - company called gingeur.com
The site includes a map showing where the product can be found. Hope this helps.
   Report   Reply Quote

I too have had a problem over the years when out with friends dining at a restaurant, and wine has been ordered. Everyone who knows me, knows that I very rarely even have a 1/3 of glass.

I simply order what I want, and if they re order something, if I want something I order then. Getting over my shyness, was a good thing, because otherwise I would be sat with water...... and I HATE, really hate drinking water!

If at someone's home, I either take my own, or ask for a coffee and if I know that I'll fancy tea, take some of my own, as I have a problem with tea these days sadly, digestive problems.

Truthfully, I don't like it when it feels like someone has gone out of their way to buy soft drinks for me, as I have to fancy what they have on offer, and often their idea of what I might like is way off the mark.

Re your ginger beer, sorry, cannot help mint.

Report   Reply Quote

I agree about soft drinks, when proffered, not being ones that you actually like, idun.
During the recent heatwave, I was offered a jug of chilled water with strips of cucumber peel floating in it, and thought it deliciously refreshing. And soooooo easy to knock up!
   Report   Reply Quote

And cucumber, love it and it would be repeating from here to next week if I had it. 

Over the last few years my innards have become very 'sensible' (love that french word)! Big Smile [:D].

I like lots of different mocktails, and I am rather fond of some of the J2O spritz, but not all.

In general I don't like chilled drinks, and never ever any ice in a drink, I was put off ice in drinks 42 years ago.....

I do drink water, warm and gulped down half a pint at a time, as I know I need to drink it.

Report   Reply Quote

fittersmate wrote:
I googled Gingeur - company called gingeur.com The site includes a map showing where the product can be found. Hope this helps.

Hi fittersmate, long time no see you here!

Yes, I have looked at that site and have come to the conclusion that they only sell through selected outlets.  Certainly I had it for the first time ever last week.  I even looked at Amazon and indeed they had different types of ginger beer but not this one.

If you get a chance, do try it.

Trust all well chez vousSmile [:)] 

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Coma across this
https://www.delidrinks.com/167_gingeur.
   Report   Reply Quote

Jazzer, you are clearly MUCH better at finding stuff on the internet than I am!  Thank you for your efforts for finding that and posting.

I'll have to have a good scout round that site to see what other drinks there might be as you have to buy quite a lot before they'll deliver.

I'm sorry to say I had a right old strop yesterday, blaming OH (of course!Wink [;-)]) for stocking up on all sorts of drinks that visiters might like and there was one miserable bottle of fizzy water for me.  It was equally my own fault for not going out in the heat and traipsing out to supermarkets searching out drinks.

I was in a MOOD (huge) and wasn't going to take responsibility for drinks (not normally my province).  This morning, I bought tons of stuff, non alc wine, beer, beer with citron flavour etc etc, all suitable for ME!  Yes, very childish but I felt better after the shopping trip and have tried 2 or 3 different drinks.  The best thing was a bottle of concentré de réglisse (so, aniseed) which was good in fizzy water, very refreshing but nothing like pastis, alas!

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

I think the problem, Mint, is that so much that is non-alcholic is so sweet, compensation perhaps for lack of alcohol.  When we were young, and good Methodists (who in those days were teetotal), I remember my father having lost of fruity style cocktails.  The other thing we used to drink was Shloer, a slightly fizzy, definitely not too sweet, apple juice.  Did see it some time ago back in the shops in England, but unlikely to be here I suspect.  We still have the lovely shaped glasses which came with purchase, so shows we drank a lot.  Last time I tried it, I found it too sweet, but much less sweet than the bottled fruit juices you get here. 

I have seen good unsweetened fruit juices here, and the name escapes me ... if it comes back, I'll tell you!

Judith
ex W1, via 47 and 11 and now [just] in 34, equidistant from Carcassonne, Narbonne and Béziers, where I hope we'll finally stay!!

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine