Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 14 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Thoughts on selling

As it's your house and if you are not overpricing it, just tell the agents how much you want in hand.  Might give them a bit of wriggle room but be very firm about how much you expect.

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Have you ever watched Homes Under The Hammer on BBC1? Some hero buys a house that needs doing up, does it up and then they get two estate agents to value it for sale and also for rent. Eye opening when one values it £50k different to the other. So how good is an estate agents valuation? The other trick is to over value it so the seller thinks this is the agent to go with. Then having signed they suggest lowering the price.

I presume that French Immos are as 'good' as UK ones.

Perhaps you just need to say to them 'this is what I want out of the house do you want to take it on and do not forward any offers unless they meet what I want'. They are not doing you a favour,you are putting business their way.
BREXIT - wonder what the future holds
   Report   Reply Quote

I think mpst  agents will accept your price....if they don't go elsewhere.

Off topic a little there is a Facebook group "French Property For Sale Under 50,000 Euros"
It might be worth posting it there with the proviso that any visits would be done by an agent..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/176214252957053/

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

That page looks deader than a dead thing.
   Report   Reply Quote

BinB wrote :
That page looks deader than a dead thing.

As it's a closed group ie members only .. and I have no intention of joining .. the page might well look dead but there are 6313 members .. so it might not be that dead.
Computing - it's another world
   Report   Reply Quote

Bit offputting that it is a closed group though. If you have to join to either see what's for sale or add your property, it's not very attractive on either count.
Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

I had a lot of interest, all from UK buyers.

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine