South West (Aquitaine, Midi-Pyrénées)

Topic has 9 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Moving to France next year

I think it's fairly safe to say that Gavin has given up on this forumBig Smile [:D]

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Moving to France next year

The most interesting thing the OP said was that they knew how important friends were.

I may well judge friendship very differently from others, but it is something rather 'special' in my life and not easily come by.

I know lots of people, with friends it is easy, but I have helped people to whom I am indifferent, even not particularly liked, so help can come from
any source.

Still, the OP has the internet these days, so just reading the local papers from their chosen area will be a good indication of what is happening. And as they are thinking of a business, then maybe chatting up the folks in the Mairie and seeing the lay of the land re businesses, as someone in the Mairie will know about businesses and if they are making a go of it, or failing, or have simply gone out of business.

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine