Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 50 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Advice on selling please

I agree with NickP about strange people replying to ads on LBC, although I have bought quite a lot, and also sold some things, to quite normal people through the site.

I have an electric lawn mower on there for a token 30€ or offer, to get rid of it.

I received this message : -
BJR JE DSIRE ACHET2 VOTRE TONDEUSE ELECTRIQUEET JE PAS LE PËRMI DE CONDUIRE ET VOUS LA LIVERAI A LEZIGNAN COTBIERES

I replied : -  Je regrette que je ne peux pas le livrer.

and received back : -
ET BON JOUR JE DESIRAI ACHET2 VOTRE TODEUSE MAI J4AI PAS LE PERMIVOUS POUR ME L4APORTE JE SUIS SUR LESZIGNAN CORBIERES 11200

So I sent : -
Je peux l'emballer et l'envoyer par Mondial Relay pour €25 si vous m'envoyez €30 + €25, c'est €55. Pour ça j'ai besoin de votre adresse, email, et numéro portable.

To which I received : - desoller trop cher.

Seemed to me they wanted me to drag it there and then argue over the price.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Patf wrote: Another suggestion - a property auction.
You probably wouldn't get much that way. I would guess most buyers at auctions are investors.

Now a question from me: In an auction in France does the seller have the option of fixing a reserve price?
NickP
   Report   Reply Quote

Thanks nomoss. Love it!

Used to advertise my mobile home in France for rental on lbc, campsite only allowed a few wks rental in summer. Inundated with people clamouring to rent it, and was soon full and deleted ad. Had calls from very indignant people trying to insist that I let it to them for the wks for which someone else was booked in, incl a lady to whom I had let it for the first wk who wanted to return for another.  Did they expect me to cram them all in or evict someone? Maybe could have fitted a few more on the wooden terrace, sure the ones in the mob home souldn't have minded - missed opportunity!

Loire

Report   Reply Quote

Just had a message from the one who proposed 2 rdvs then said on phone couldn't do, asking for a rdv this wk, and  v long one one from the nasty one yest telling me a bit of her life story, the Mistral's getting to her,  and telling me how to live mine, sell my house, for next to nowt, and tell A that he must take the photos she wants and measure the height of the sittingroom ceiling, even tho they are no longer interested oin my house. Funnily enough, shan't be wasting my time answering!

Loire

Report   Reply Quote

There are a couple of Facebook groups with mainly British buyers. On under 50k€ and another over

You have to join the group

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Hi NormanH

I hope you are well.

Thank you very much for that. Sounds hopeful. I'll look into it this afternoon.

Kind regards

Loire

Report   Reply Quote

https://www.frenchentree.com/french-property/property-auctions-in-france/
Scroll down a bit - it seems the seller can stipulate a reserve price.
The only auction I've known of was a beautiful large place with pool etc which belonged to our english neighbour who went bankrupt. A tragedy for him, and his family. Very sad. It went for about a third of what he was originally asking to a local farming family.

Report   Reply Quote

Just looked at the Facebook page and it looks like just the job. Thank you so much NormanH.

Regards

Loire

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine