Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 17 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: selling checklist

I believe that Square Habitat is the estate agency arm of Crédit Agricôle..

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

We sold our French holiday home in January after 12 years.
We used an agent who did most the changeovers for us/buyers; electricity, water. I closed the phone line contract months before.
Today I phoned the bank and asked them to send me an account closure form and they cancelled my card.
We didn't use the French bank account for the transfer of the sale funds, we used a currency transfer company which the notaire sent the money to on the day of the AdV and we were able to choose when to convert to £'s. We had the money in our UK bank within 5 days.
Jackie

Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up!
   Report   Reply Quote

Thanks very much Loiseau. Square Habitat seem to be a good bet from what I've seen on their website. Shall look into it further.

Kind regards

Loire

Report   Reply Quote

And Norman's right about it being connected with the Crédit Agricole.

Good luck!
   Report   Reply Quote

Thanks very much Loiseau.

Kind regards

Loire

Report   Reply Quote

I had a lady come round today who showed interest - I met her by chance and as I do not have the house for sale with immobiliers with an exclusive mandat, I assume there would be no problem selling directly to her.
But if this happens, which documents would I be obliged to produce for her and the notaire? I assume an up to date Diagnostiques, a plan cadastrale, the proof that I am the owner...... Anything else?
Chrissie (81)
   Report   Reply Quote

Fingers crossed for you!
You'll probably need a fosse septique report.
Tax Hab and Fonc bills also useful. But the notaire should tell you.

Report   Reply Quote

The energy and emissions report is the one you need upfront.  Then, if the potential goes on to buy, you will need the full diagnostics plus a fosse report if your fosse is older than 2 years old.

The point about not paying for the full report is because some of the certificates, like termites, have short time limits.  If you can dig out the reports from when you yourself bought, you could ask the same firm to do these things.

It was what I did and it was useful and time-saving.  The man just did the electrics and then, when the sale proceeded, he reported on the rest.  PLUS he had a lot of the info from the time before so it was a save-save all round.

Also, time- and energy-saving is using the same notaire for buyers and sellers.  Saves a lot of toing and froing between notaires and a couple of visits plus some phone calls and emails sort everything.  I persuaded our buyers to do this and they also saw the advantage of using the same chap once I explained how it worked to them (they were French so buying and selling houses seemed to have been a totally alien process to them!Woot! [:-))])

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine