Driving in France

Topic has 10 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Holiday drivers

Actually Nick P -I'm not perfect and was caught speeding in the UK before we moved here. However I would never assume or expect that I could flout the speeding rules and not get caught or fined just because I had a foreign plated car. Since foing my speed awareness course in the UK some years ago I try very hard to stick to the national speed limits of whichever country I'm driving in. Getting distracted by kids or the thought of your holiday is surely the best way to have an accident-just as being distracted by a mobile.
   Report   Reply Quote
Blush [:$]

Mac nobody is advocating deliberately flouting the law in any way shape or form, I was merely pointing out that your reply was a bit "po faced". I then added that we are only human and sometimes? Anyway, you are obviously not on my wavelength so let us just agree to disagree. Happy St Patricks day.
NickP
   Report   Reply Quote

It's a pan Europe thing. I got done in Portugal, only a little over but it was my own fault as I ignored the speed limiter on the car. Fine turned up in Germany about three months later. You pay via their website which is multi lingual so no problem.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine