Useful Links About France/French Living

Topic has 9 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Decree sets out no-deal rules for Britons in France

Norman wrote "For my part I can claim to have accurately predicted that those of us with a carte de séjour would simply have to exchange it for the new document; something that caused a lot of debate on here a while back."
He should have said "titulaires de la carte de séjour permanent"

RIFT have now published another note for those with less than 5 years residence, including those with an initial carte de séjour.

Even if you already hold an initial carte de séjour as an EU citizen, there is no automatic exchange for a new card - you have to make a complete new application for a new status.

https://remaininfrance.blogspot.com/2019/04/no-deal-decree-and-nitty-gritty-of-your_4.html

Report   Reply Quote

Re: Decree sets out no-deal rules for Britons in France

I agree with Pomme that Rift provide the most accurate interpretation of the documents, as they have been involved in providing much of the evidence to and liaison with the French ministries. They certainly seem clearer and more informed than the British Embassy!

There are lots of things that are unclear in the French law at the moment..in particular it is not clear as to whether you have to submit 5 years of proof or just evidence of current income for the permanent CDS if you don't currently hold a card. Most prefectures have now stopped issuing cards to British citizens until the situation is clearer and the process, which will start next week if the UK crash out, has still not been decided.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine