Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 24 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:
Devil [6]

Re: URGENT, URGENT Advise needed please

Update : feel rather sorry for the poor agent caught in the middle. Buyers had the barefaced effrontery to demand 20,000 reduction. Furious of Evian hereabouts! Told the agent no way. He then went back to the buyers who said 15,000 instead. Told them they either pay the signed-for price or they can sling their hook [sorry everyone, but we are simply furious here]. Remains to be seen, but we think they will cave in eventually and if they don't, we never want to see them again anyway. They opened all our cupboards, critised one crack in a tile, and, and, and,  even opened the freezer and told us we had a lot to eat before we moved out!!!!

Sheila
   Report   Reply Quote

My feeling is that they are not entirely serious buyers who may well pull out at the very last minute. Of course, I hope not. They are s h i t s !
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

As they say in Oz....................yer not rong!

Sheila
   Report   Reply Quote

Further update [for those kindly folks who can be bothered with this ghastly saga]
Putting the house back on the market tomorrow at agent's suggestion. Meanwhile, spoke to the notaire who confirms : we cannot back out [more's the pity]. Sellers can demand reduction but it is up to us to say no [don't worry, we have in no uncertain terms]. Spoke again to head honcho at agency, who is coming round on Saturday to discuss our options and what to do next.
Have decided in the interim that IF they don't back out and go ahead, we never want to see them again, so will have someone act as Power of Attorney to sign the Acte de Vente in ca. 90 days.
Any comments anyone? Loved the s h i t comment - just about sums them up!

Sheila
   Report   Reply Quote

I imagine the agent is feeling a bit ticked off with the loss of commission, though perhaps s/he thinks s/he should have seen the problem coming?

Chin up and damn the torpedoes!
   Report   Reply Quote

Have these s h i t t y buyers said they need a mortgage. They may use their inability to get one as an excuse to get out of the contract. Warn the notaire it may be a try on?
So sad this situation has arisen. What I really think is not printable on a forum!
Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

It's not straightforward to use as an excuse the inability to get a mortgage.  They have to show the notaire the letter from the bank refusing the money.

Sheila, hope all turns out well for you in the end.

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Thanks everyone for your help and moral support.
If these horrible people do need a mortgage, and use this as an excuse to get out of the sale, you will hear us cheering the length and breadth of France, from the rooftops of Evian! They can do something which ends in a very offensive .......off!

Sheila
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine