French Antiques, Arts & Crafts

Topic has 12 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Passap Speed-O-Knit Knitting Machine Questions

I believe it is quite an old machine - Passap is not a really popular machine in the Uk - many though seem to have had the old 'pink Passaps'. I don't think it had a patterning mechanism and if it has all its instruction books as with all machines, would be ok for a beginner - you just need to remember that usually any mistake is not the machines' fault! Suggest you try googling the name and see what comes uk - sorry have Knitmasters myself.
Now we're retired, how the heck did we have time to hold down jobs as well?
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Machine Knitting Wool

Sorry this is so long after your post but I've only just seen your query.  Try www.chezdi.com if you're still looking for and machine cones.  The site has hand knitting and machine coned yarns.

Report   Reply Quote

Thank you-that's very useful.
If you are interested in designer yarns and patterns try Nina Miklin at
http://www.exclusiveyarns.co.uk
Jazzer
   Report   Reply Quote

Hello,
I live in Germany and I`m British, a keen knitter and on the look out for a circular sock knitting machine.  I never heard of it until last week when I was in the Black Forest where a german woman made me a paar of Socks,
I was hooked and now Im trying to find one.  It would be very much appreciated if anyone could help me.  I know the whole story behind them (I have been busy doing some background reading).  Actually my husbands granny had one but that was in hungary in 1946, but they were german and had to leave their homes and with a few belongings were put on a cattle carriage from Budapest to Germany.  It means a lot to me to find one of these machines still in working order.

Thank you to anyone who reads this and is able to assist me in any way.
Kelly

Report   Reply Quote

Not too difficult on the internet:

https://www.sockknittingmachines.co.uk/index.php

My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine