The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 21 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: The Tiger Mosquito is spreading North

The main thing is not to have any static water nearby where they can breed.
Avoid going out in the evening when they're more active.
Cover up.

Report   Reply Quote

gardian - if you note correctly it was WB with his flippant comment that was initially inappropriate.

My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Gardian wrote:
You really do have an uncanny knack for ‘flattening’ a thread, don’t you? What started as Norman’s ‘info for everybody’ post, has descended in to an attack, albeit (for you) in quite a mild one. You just don’t get it do you? Your contributions are usually quite unpleasant and confrontational. Differences of opinion can be expressed in a much more civilised manner than I’ve ever heard you express them. Your ‘skill’ is that you never go so much over the top as to get yourself banned - although I really do wonder whether there’s any moderation on here these days.

I assume you're addressing that richard-with-a-small-r person?

I stopped reading his pathetic efforts at joining in some time ago.

When I see his name I just pass on to the next contributor, in the same way one absentmindedly brushes away annoying insects buzzing near one's face.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ways-to-protect-yourself-against-asian-tiger-mosquito.331533

Not France, but presumably same principles apply.

http://tiger-mosquito.info/how-to-protect-against-the-tiger-mosquito/
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Thank you for your enlightening contribution nomoss. Give quillan my regards.

ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Ahso, this illegal immigrant is getting into Europe via Malta. Can these boatloads of buzzing creatures not be turned away, sent back to the country from which they came to spread death and destruction there rather than polluting the good, clean countries of the EU.

Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

richard51 said "Give quillan my regards."

He lived in Axat
Quillan is a crap town lived nearby for two years and left
   Report   Reply Quote

grumpyaudeman wrote:
richard51 said "Give quillan my regards." He lived in Axat Quillan is a crap town lived nearby for two years and left

Leaving aside your undoubtedly perceptive view of towns in southern Aude, which I find quite pleasant, I add a couple of remarks about Quillan, a past moderator of, and prolific contributor to, this forum.

Actually he lived in Belvianes, between Quillan and Axat, where he owned and ran a popular and successful B&B for several years.

I don't now him personally, but have corresponded with him occasionally.

After unfortunately losing his beloved wife, and suffering a series of strokes, he is now back in the UK where he is being properly looked after, as befits a very courageous ex serviceman.

I'm sure others on here who appreciated his input in the past will want to wish him well.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine